Mon, Oct 21, 8:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 7:10 pm)

Subject: Trash street scene WIP # 2

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2002 at 4:20 PM · edited Thu, 17 October 2024 at 6:09 PM

file_21730.jpg

If anybody would like to see how it's coming along...

Now... what would be an acceptable price for this?

Please remember that some of the things still needs better textures...

All the trash props are "single props" so that they can be used whereever you would like. And most of them has one or more morphs to make them crumble and the like. The cigarette butts has a few "scatter-morphs" so that they can be easily scattered, just to mention one of them.

The scene also contains a very much improved crushable can and a cola beaker that can be totally separated, in both straw, lid and cup. And the matress has a removable spring in case you think it's in the way G

So comments and suggestions for what would be a reasonable price, please :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2002 at 5:25 PM

That's looking pretty good. Well, maybe not "pretty", but ... uh ... you know what I mean. :) I can practically hear the sirens in the distance. The mattress was a nice touch. How about some crumpled-up gum wrappers, for the few residents who don't smoke, or are trying to quit?

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2002 at 5:42 PM

Wow, that's starting to look like my neighborhood! It looks much more realistic....I guess that's a good thing (doesn't say much for where I live). That trashcan, though, would never last in my 'hood. It should at least be bent in the side before it gets stolen. ;) Pricing I don't know about. The fire escape I bought was under $7 but it has less props. I bought the fast food restaurant for $20 but that seems to me that it might have a few more props. So I would think your scene would come between those two in price. ????? I doubt if I personally would pay more than $20 but I don't know what the more experienced collectors think. Back to lurking. Mainly wanted to tell you I think you're doing a great job with this. And then I almost forgot!

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2002 at 6:38 PM
Site Admin

Add some cracks in the cement. Places like that always have cracked and broken sidewalks. Other than that, I like it.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 27 August 2002 at 11:50 PM

Have to agree about the trash can, in some London areas it would be buckled up, and rusty and possibly been burnt out at least once. Looking real good though. Time people have added the stuff you have already given away you've got a great sleazy street scene. Maybe the bricks on the wall need to be more worn, but thats just texturing. I have a greeat old brick texture somewhere, will have a look see where I got it. Price I just don't know, but I feel its better to sell 10 sets at $10 rather than 2 sets at $20 if you see what I mean.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 28 August 2002 at 1:10 AM

I absolutely see what you mean, chohole, and I've had that exact same thought myself. My problem is that I hvae no idea really whether or not 10$ is "expensive". Of course I can do a calculation and see what it equals in money ;o) but well, sometimes that isn't enough, prices vary in different countries as to what's expensive. Also with Renderosity getting their share of the amount I have to price it so that I eventually WILL get just SOME money L But then again, no idea in pricing it so noone will buy it at all :o)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 28 August 2002 at 2:57 AM

Ten bucks sounds fine. But I think you need a window of two in that wall. And way, way better texs on sidewalk, gutter and stairs. But maybe you're still working on that? :] FishNose

Aureeanna ( ) posted Wed, 28 August 2002 at 3:37 AM

looks pretty good.....I'm sure the textures you settle on will be much better...as far as price....well, I don't see anything in the scene that I couldn't get for free...so what I would be paying for is the fact that you loaded them all in one scene...and that is of course assuming you will included the pz3...otherwise I don't see any reason to purchase it...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 28 August 2002 at 3:56 AM

Aureeanna... Heh well I see lots of things you can't get for free, except if you make them yourself... They're NOT the same items as my free stuff things! but well apart from that... The item, when ready will be a PROP not a pz3. I personally hate pz3's coz I usually do my characters first, and having to export them into a new scene is a PITA (but that's my opinion, if peeps want it as a pz3 then of course I'll provide that) Of course the textures will be much better than this, the textures are what is missing at the moment (well and perhaps a window or two...)

Roy G ( ) posted Wed, 28 August 2002 at 4:19 AM

The Graffiti looks great, and that mattress is perfect :)

Fishnose mentioned windows, maybe bars or plywood on them would add some atmosphere, or an old box fan. Some conduit, wires, or drainpipes, would also help break up all that brickwork.

I'm just throwing ideas out, I'm starting to feel like kind of like an anti Martha Stewart.

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 28 August 2002 at 11:47 AM

Nice WIP! I'd start out with $5 for the base scene, and add a dollar for each extra prop that can be removed and seperatly posed. So, for a base scene at $5., add the trashcan, the matress (great prop), and 4 or 5 litter items. Total between $15 and $20. $25 if you get a lot of options and props. The props don't really have to complex. The idea to me is the more use I can get out of a scene, the more its worth to me. I'd also package it as a .cr2 file with all props, then seperate prop files for easier use. It does need something to break up the wall, and maybe antother door/steps that can be turned off, or windows. What would be REALLY great is a clothsline and some cloths to come off of the building. Cloths on the line can just be towels with a bumpmap, so it shouldn't be too complex to do. To me it looks like a back alley in a residential area in a bad neighborhood. Good start! Keep at it! When its done, I'll probably buy it. I'd love to do a New York 1930's back alley scene.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.