Fri, Sep 20, 8:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Need help with a bit of design

BladeWolf ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2002 at 8:02 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:30 AM

You all know how you see the way some artists make those interlace lines on their pictures? I was wondering how to do that, as I can't find a filter that does it and was wondering what steps it takes to make that happen? Thanks for your time! Blade

retrocity ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2002 at 8:55 AM

Blade, do you mean like the scan lines of a TV screen?? :) retrocity

BladeWolf ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2002 at 9:13 AM

yeppers :) That and blurring is driving me nuts... half the time my masks don't work either lol. Thanks~

Norman77 ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2002 at 9:52 AM

Attached Link: http://www.phong.com/tutorials/scan/

This is a good place with a Quick tutorial.. on how to do Scanlines.. this should be what you want.. if not.. I got LOTS more

dreamer101 ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2002 at 10:08 AM

There are also plug-ins that have nice effects too.

ScreenWorks
20 plug-in filters for producing various screen/mesh overlay effects

retrocity ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2002 at 10:17 AM

To simulating the scan lines of a TV screen try the following steps:
Step one:
Open the image that you want to have TV scan lines applied to.

Step two:
Create a new document (File --> New) that is 1 pixel wide by 4 pixels high. Choose the same mode as your open image (ie: if you've got an RGB image you want to add scan lines to, choose RGB).

Step three:
Zoom in on this tiny document (you might have to zoom in as much as 1200%).

Step four:
Set your Foreground color to black, take the Pencil tool and fill in the top half of your image with black.

Step five:
Under the Select menu choose "All", go under the Edit menu and choose "Define Pattern" (This makes your black and white document a repeating pattern).

Step six:
Create a new layer (click on the New Layer icon in the Layers palette). Under the Edit menu, choose Fill. In the dialog box, under Contents choose "Pattern", then click OK. (Your new layer is now filled with a black and white pattern)

Step seven:
In the layers palette change the layer's blend mode from Normal to Overlay. Then lower the opacity so the effect isn't too strong (play around with the settings till you like what you see...) to complete the effect.

Sorry there's no screen shots but i typed this rather fast...
and STILL Dreamer101 got the jump ;)

:)
retrocity

dreamer101 ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2002 at 10:59 AM

LOL .. Flaming Pear Free Plugins also has TransLine & TransTone in the set.

BladeWolf ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 12:18 AM

Thanks guys :)

lunarmonkey3 ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 5:13 AM

www.v-d-l.com/adrenaline have a night vision filter, or www.sapphire-innovations.com do some real trippy filters that have this effect, but they are a bit hard to find among the thronging multitude...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.