Sat, Sep 21, 7:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: WIP - New Lion Texture

daio1 ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2000 at 6:03 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:23 AM

file_123579.jpg

Having finally gotten my new equine textures to the point where I am happy with them (I'll be uploading them in the near future), I am now working on some of the other animal model textures. Here is my first try at a new lion texture. I welcome comments and suggestions.

Ede ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2000 at 6:13 PM

this might not fit the subject, but i am wondering all the time and have to ask now: what does "WIP" mean ? i simply don't know it's red all the times here :) :-) -Improving-Knowledge-Ede

daio1 ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2000 at 6:21 PM

WIP - Work In Progress

Ihawk ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2000 at 6:22 PM

"Work In Progress"

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2000 at 6:29 PM

heya; if you have trouble with the texture smearing across the face and back, let me know, i think i have a re-mapped version around here somewhere. the dark bits are looking too black and ashy, but it's coming along nicely. :)

Ede ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2000 at 6:32 PM

damn, Work in Progress! I knew that ;-)))) thanks -Ede

daio1 ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2000 at 6:32 PM

Yes, I am having that problem and would greatly appreciate a remapped versionif you have one.

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2000 at 10:36 AM

okay... i'll poke around and see where mine is. if you dont hear back from me, you have my permission to pester me about it at sphynx@gis.net. i tried to re-do the wolf, too, but if you do that face from the front, the muzzle gets squished. but i think i have an even better way.... must play!

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2000 at 11:43 AM

It took me three days to figure out what WIP meant; coming from a family of librarians and an ex-publisher, my first thought was "Works In Print" which just didn't make sense... :) Looks like a good start on the lion, but I'd suggest smudging the fur to reduce the number of strands, and creating a detailed bump map for the fur. Either that or creating a transparancy map for the whole body, and "layering" the lion, with a nearly transparent one 1-3% larger than the opaque one...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.