Thu, Sep 19, 9:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: !!!!!!!!!!August Challenge Topic!!!!!!!!!!

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 10:09 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 9:10 PM

OK! Thanx Nuski & ICMgraphics for helping me decide! The topic for this months Challenge is...: "The Abyss" I have always found underwater scenes tricky, especially to create a dark mood, yet have the surroundings visible! And who knows, what exists within the mysterious depths of an underwater Abyss... It doesnt necessarily have to be an earthbound one... Imports and postwork are allowed for this one! Im sure you have lots of great ideas, so im confident there will be a lot of stunning entrys...as usual! Good luck to all!

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 11:23 AM

Good Luck Everyone!

johnpenn ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 11:57 AM

Cool. This one seems open-ended. I like open-ended, it reaps a lot of diverse images. That is assuming that we are talking about any old abyss and not the movie. So it this any abyss, or the movie? Just to clarify -- of course, I'll probably kick myself for asking this. abyss (n) 1. An unfathomable chasm; a yawning gulf. 2. An immeasurably profound depth or void. 3.a. The primeval chaos out of which it was believed that the earth and sky were formed. b. The abode of evil spirits; hell.

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 12:10 PM

I will go for number 2. Its a void! The rest is up to you! :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

johnpenn ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 12:35 PM

sweet.

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 12:44 PM

So the Challenge is : 'make a void'. Sounds cool. And it has to be underwater? is partially underwater okay too?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 2:39 PM

Well...hmmm. An abyss is usually located at great depths so... But, for example, a view from a pod etc could be a solution... The point with the challenge was to create an underwater scene, but im sure youll come up with a genial solution... :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Shiby561 ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 5:59 PM

Where do i post my work for submission into the contest?

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 8:23 PM

Igor hears and obeys, Maaassssssster.

Shiby561 ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2002 at 11:22 PM

file_19158.jpg

Here is my submission to this. I hope you like it. comments accepted. I still have plenty of time to redo/redo/redo it so... O and is this the right place to post my submission????

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 12:46 AM

Gonna have to look deeply into this one.

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 3:09 AM

I should pun-ish you for that, bikermouse!!!

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 3:47 AM

In the immoral words of The Dave Clark Five,"Catch us if you can . . . " or to quote ol' Fred C. Dobbs in "The Bandits of the Sierra Madre", "If you're the sherriffs lemme see your badges." bikermouse having already seen "Escape from L.A." doesn't wait for the cans to hit the ground, instead tucks and rolls and otherwise makes good his escape while the after effects of talk-fu still revervitate about madmax. - TJ

Patricia ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 1:54 PM

LOL !

Patricia ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 2:13 PM

Bikermouse, your chances of getting away scot-free are, um.....abysmal!

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 3:54 PM

i'm having trouble hunting him....the talk-fu is really getting to me. But look! Over there! A clue! A bright red glove rests on the street. If the other does indeed belong to the infamous bikermouse, then I'm sure he'll be caught red-handed!

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 4:29 PM

Hmmm...getting off topic, are we... :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 4:43 PM

yes, I guess I'll have to "fall" back into the subject area.

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 5:54 PM

Meanwhile, bikermouse safely away in another part of the galaxy accessable only to beings with "warp technology" contemplates what Rochr meant by haze, how he gets such dramatic effects and the true meaning of the concept of 'abyss'. bikermouse soon realizes that he is in over his head, but fools around with a preliminary sketch anyway realizing at last that he like at least one other member was not quite through with Atlantis concept. bikermouse goes to work . . .

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2002 at 6:16 PM

...but we all got a good laugh though :) If you happen to warp through the Rochr System, lets get a pint or two...

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 1:32 AM

Anyone know when the deadline is or when the voting starts?

Colette1 ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2002 at 12:33 PM

Attached Link: Monthly Challenge Entry

How to post this for the challenge is very confusing!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2002 at 5:27 PM

Everywhere I've looked has said "address entries to "Monthly Challenge Entry,"" which is fine, but that isn't an address and like many others here, who perhaps like myself, are newbys, I don't know where to post it too. So, could some kind hearted soul please put me out of my misery before I go throw myself into a virtual abyss in the heart of a virtual sun. Thanks Catlin_mc

Aldaron ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2002 at 8:52 PM

You create a new post with the subject of Monthly challenge entry for (month). Then attach your image. This may be changing soon due to a mix up that happened.

lsstrout ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 6:44 PM

Please note that the August challenge is closed and voting has begun - see the main Bryce forum.

Voting, as I understand it, will run through Sept 5.

Then the winner will choose the new challenge topic, and we will all madly create our new beloved pictures only to find out someone's managed to do something completely stunning.

At this point I usually console myself with chocolate. :)

Lin

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 2:29 AM

mmmm, chocolate, my favourite reality. :P Catlin

Battleangel21 ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 1:05 AM

file_19163.jpg

hey just wanting to know how i can contribute something to the bryce free stuff section of renderosity. ive been working with bryce for abot 3 years now and i think i have some models that someone would like.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.