Thu, Oct 3, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: All Right, You Win!

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 3:05 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 11:09 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.ez?Who=x2000

file_22488.jpg

Here's the deal: I posted a few wall and floor textures on my Artist Page a short while back for a limited time, just to promote a sale I was having. However, since I've taken them down, I've had several people that missed their chance ask me if I'd make them available again. So... they are now permanently posted in Free Stuff! These textures were designed to work with my "x2000's Restaurant" set in the Marketplace, but you can use them for anything else you like, too. So go to the "Textures" section of Poser Free Stuff, or just hit my Artist Page, and help yourself.:) Here's a couple of pics showing the textures in use:

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 3:08 PM

file_22489.jpg

Hope you enjoy them!:)

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 3:37 PM

Oh that's very cool. I love the restaurant. This are great additions. Thank you!

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 5:56 PM

Thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying the restaurant.:) I have more freebies planned for it in the future, so keep an eye on my Artist Page.;)

morganza ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 6:18 PM

That is an awesome fast food joint! Doesn't the view usually show the street and not the stores? Thats just from my experiences.

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 6:28 PM

Depends. These particular locations happen to be in small plazas, where they lie across the parking lot from some of the stores (as in many that I've been to), since these just happened to be the best pictures I had available when I render these pics...;) BTW, the background pics aren't included with the restaurant (or the free textures), but everything else is, including a lot of stuff you can't see in this shot (counter, cash registers, cups, burgers, and a bunch of other stuff. Let me tell you, I put a LOT of work into this set! Unfortunately, I'm still trying to work off the results of all of the, um... research.;)

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 6:36 PM

X! ...I managed a truck stop, a large Factory Outlet Mall, and a rural parking lot. Gimme a couple of decades to weed through the negatives (okay, Friday night :) ) /P

PabloS ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 6:39 PM

I wanna eat at your restaurant. The ones I run in to have lettuce, ketchup, mustard...dirt on the floor, crumbs on the tables, etc. Hey! Maybe there's some ideas there for some "props."

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 6:47 PM

Sounds cool, Pengo! Yeah, Pablo, I've seen some pretty disgusting places... I purposely left the maps clean, though, so that people can dirty them up however they want and personalize their sets. It's definitely easier to mess a texture up than to clean it. One of my priorities in making creating this was to make it as customizable as possible. However, I may just do a few "grunge" versions, too, just to make it easier for the newbies. Really, I have lots of ideas, I just need the time to get them done...;)

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 6:51 PM

I was thinking that all you need are some of ernyoka1's free props to round out the restaurant! ;-)

bwldrd ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 12:03 AM
Online Now!

Gosh those backgrounds look fimiliar, not in the Cincinnati area is it? Or maybe just all those strip malls are taking the same layout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

x2000 ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 6:37 AM

No, I think they're all just pretty much the same. The second pic is from Sayre, Pennsylvania, just a few minutes drive from where I live. And the first one was taken in Elmira, New York (well, Big Flats, NY, technically), about 20 minutes away, and has an interesting twist: out of sight, just to the right, next to Old Country Buffet, is a Barnes & Noble, one that just happens to be on the list of sites that will be carrying the R'osity mag! I didn't know that at the time, though. Haven't been there lately to see if it's actually on the shelves yet.

x2000 ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 6:37 AM

BTW, does anyone know if #3 has been printed yet? I know the plan was to have it done in time for Dragon*Con, but I haven't heard if they actually made it or not. I have a Renderosibee strip in it, and I'm dying to see it in print (although I'm dreading it, too, because I'm new to the printing side of things and I have no idea how it's going to look, the difference in the colors and all).

crazycarl ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 10:11 AM

I have the 3rd mag (bought it at dragon-con), and the Renderosibee strip looked great to me.

x2000 ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 12:04 PM

Cool! I can't wait to get my copy.:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.