Thu, Sep 19, 4:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: August Challenge Voting - (Lets Do It For Real This Time) - Vote Here!!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 12:21 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:56 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/~bryce/newsite/challenge/challenge_aug_2002.htm

This should be it, 38 entries in this months challenge, "The Abyss"! I do believe that is the most entries, ever. Now, I dare you to bog me down with votes... Thank you all for your help in making sure all the entries were included! From now on I will collect entries as soon as they are posted to the forum to avoid any mysterious dissapearing posts in the future. Again, Thank You to all you guys and gals for your entries and helping out! Best Of Luck! Now take the link, view, come back to this thread, and vote, baby, vote! AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

airflamesred ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 12:46 PM

I was begining to take this personally Agent Smith Pidgy - 3 - stylish Alduin_dor_Lammoth - 2 Collette - 1 - great Honorable mention to madmax you were close Hard choices - well done everyone

yrtrouble2 ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 1:26 PM

Gregsin 3 ICM 2 abreojos 1 Great job all around!

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 1:30 PM

Haloedrain - 1 Rochr - 2 Pidgy - 3 Very hard to choose. All images where good and close together. But there where 8 images that where slighty better then the rest. And these where the 3 I chose. I wish there could be a challenge with 3 images of astronomical quality that really stik out above the other entries to make voting easier. 8P

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

reflash ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 2:01 PM

Alduin_dor_Lammoth - 3 - Outstanding Gregsin - 2 ICM - 1 All of the images were great! It was tough to choose. I like the challenge.

derjimi ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 2:37 PM

Thanks for putting all works together, AgentSmith! My vote: Rochr - 3 pmoores - 2 dan_whiteside - 1 Congrats to all the artists who participated! You did wonderful works! Take care, Jimi

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 3:40 PM

Rochr-3 Darkginger-2 yrtrouble-1 And a real strong showing by gregsin

Allen9 ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 3:46 PM

3 - Rochr 2 - ICMgraphics 1 - Madmax Lots of good stuff this time, hard to choose.

pmoores ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 4:10 PM

3 - Abyss-BecSchm 2 - Pidgy 1 - dan_whiteside Almost to many to pick from... took awhile to narrow down.

Erlik ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 5:08 PM

ICMGraphics - 3 points FWTempest - 2 points Alduin_dor_Lammoth - 1 point

-- erlik

TrAnd ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 5:15 PM

Tuttle - 3 points Nuski - 2 points Alduin - 1 point Beautiful entries. Great work everyone.

electroglyph ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 5:42 PM

There were a lot of entries I really liked that were great underwater scenes. They just didn't suggest an abyss to me. Even with those removed it was still hard going. I finally settled on: 3 Rochr 2 yrtrouble2 1 Alduin_dor_Lammoth Wonderful work!

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 6:12 PM

Great entries...a few turned me off because they showed too much of the coean floor, and this is supposed to be an abyss challenge: a great deep void.

Rochr - 3 great modeling and atmosphere.
Nuski - 2 good lighting and scene movement
Pidgy - 1 excellent concept
CHRousseau - honorable mention for originality

Aldaron ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 6:13 PM

Nuski- 3 MadMax_br5 - 2 yrtouble - 1

lsstrout ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 6:33 PM

This was astonishingly hard to choose from. A big round of applause for all the hard work that everyone put into this ( I know I spent hours on mine).

That being said, here are my picks:

pidgy - 3 Giant eyes just freak me out

big hoovie - 2 This gave me the claustrophic feeling I associate with being in small spaces and/or underwater

dan whiteside -1 I can see this in the future - people punching a time-clock to go do a blue-collar, underwater job

Are we going to have to start making categories - ie landscape, abstract etc?

Lin

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 7:14 PM

Well it made a little diference. gregsin 3 points bound4doom 2 points abreojos 1 point - TJ (bikermouse)

dan whiteside ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 7:15 PM

Great theme, great images! 3 - Nunski 2 - ICMgraphics 1 - Vile

FWTempest ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 8:12 PM

ICMgraphics -3 Pidgy - 2 darkginger -1 and who knows, on any other day I may have voted for 3 totally different images. But those were my feelings today. All were excellent.

Peej ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 8:49 PM

Pidjy - 3 IMCgraphics - 2 yrtrouble2 - 1

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 9:35 PM

Gregsin - 3 ytrouble - 2 pmoores - 1 Hard to choose. If I had to rechoose, they'd be different. Gregsin didn't say abyss to me as much as some of the others, but the image captivated me so much I had to pic this. Everyone did well, lots of creativity and imagination.

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 9:37 PM

Rochr - 3 ICM - 2 Madmax - 1

Colette1 ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 10:29 PM

Madmax 3 Love the use of deep sea creatures/illumination. Alduin_dor_Lammoth 2 great idea, love the landscaping big_hoovie 1 good lighting, like the use of periscope viewing. Great job to every one. It was not an easy choice!

gregsin ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 11:06 PM

This was a really tough decision all the entries were excellent. ICMgraphics - 3 nuski - 2 pidjy - 1 Great job by all.

Darkginger ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 2:22 AM

pidgy - 3 points hyperborea - 2 points nuski - 1 point There were many more that I liked, but those were the three that really 'did it' for me!

pidjy ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 3:10 AM

Rochr - 3 (awesome! ) Vile - 2 ( great pic) Nuski - 1 ( I know u've been working hard on it) And thank you to the others to keep such a hight quality level.. Cheers from paris

nuski ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 5:24 AM

Lammoth - 3 yrtrouble2 - 2 madmax - 1 A unique aspect of creating art is that there is no right or wrong, no good or bad! Preference is based upon individual interpretation and taste. What one person may see as a weakness in an image, another person may see as a strength. Therefore, I prefer the following images because I feel that. . . . . . . .Lammoth has created an image which possesses a creative perspective view (looking upward) as well as excellent lighting and modeling techniques . . . . . . . yrtrouble2's image provides an atmosphere of abyssal solitude and discovery. . . .the illuminated creature serves as an effective central figure as it retreats back into the abyssal darkness . . . .madmax has presented an impressive abyssal image using a different perspective view allowing the viewer to gaze downward into the void. . . GREAT WORK EVERYONE!

cshaftoe ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 7:01 AM

Well done everybody! YRtrouble2 = 3 Pidjy = 2 ICM = 1 Regards The Bryster (Chris)

big_hoovie ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 1:49 PM

pidjy - 3 hyperborea - 2 zhann - 1 pidjy: loved the feeling of depth and murkyness. I got a sense of hugeness from this image. I've seen things like this on the discovery channel, like the giant squid, which kinda makes your jaw drop, and forces you to look on in awe. hyperborea: I like the way the arm(?) of the creature looked. it has a certain... organic feeling to it. zhann: I like abstract. for starters, its one of the things I can do in Bryce myself, without too much effort(great for getting the creative juices going). also, I like to see people think out of the box, and stretch the limits of the contest, and the program.

bromyaur ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 3:55 PM

Alduin_dor_Lammoth 3 ICMgraphics 2 Gregsin 1 tough voting on that one, all exceptional images

Kate ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 1:17 AM

Pidjy - 3 Lammoth - 2 yrtrouble2 - 1 great images ;)

hyperborea ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 2:47 AM

ICM Graphics 3 points Pidfy 2 points Gregsin 1 point ICM Graphics; Beautyful atmosphere and a silent mood. Pidfy ; Great textures and a sense of humor. Gregsin ; Almost real, very nice composition. Thanks to all for sharing your dreams with us. Willem & Madeleine

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 10:13 AM

Man, either you guys are getting too good or this wasnt much of a challenge! :) Having this many great entrys, did NOT make this easier... But here it goes: Nuski - 3 ICMgraphics - 2 Pidjy - 1 Excellent work all!

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

BecSchm ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 7:49 PM

Vile - 3 Pmoores - 2 Alduin dor Lammoth - 1 So many nice entries!

Alduin_dor_Lammoth ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 8:39 PM

Apache2K - 3 points Vile - 2 points Stuie - 1 point

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 2:23 AM

nuski-3 pidgy-2 darkginger-1 Will give until later today (the 6th) in case of any other votes. Amazing stuff, everybody. I myself hate trying to do water...probably cause I blow chunks at doing it. ;oO AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

kaholmli ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 12:39 PM

pidjy-3 points nuski-2 points rochr-1 point

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.