Thu, Sep 19, 5:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:39 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: MADLAB-II, industrial madness, you ain't seen nothin' yet

davo ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 1:03 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 7:28 AM

Attached Link: http://www.beyondbent.com

file_22462.jpg

whew, I've been burried deep in this project for a long time, and you can see why in the images. What started as a small Madlab-II set has grown into a big huge project that is totally packed to the gills with industrial sci-fi props and, well, crap, I didn't even show any of the madlab-II stuff in here, I'll do some more renders later. This is just a quick couple pictures to show you the building interior. You can put more than 1 building side by side and hide walls for a much larger building. I got catwalk and lift props, containers, controls, an office with a separate stills prop to stick it in the air, tons of stuff. I hope to have this available in the next week or so. Oh yeah, be sure to visit www.beyondbent.com and check out my latest freebie :-) These images rendered entirely in poser 4 with 3 standard lights, no spotlights. Comments welcome and encouraged as usual, Davo

davo ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 1:04 AM

file_22463.jpg

Here's the other shot. The catwalks and elevated stage have transmaps for a grated look and feel.

Davo

Moebius87 ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 1:18 AM

Beautiful work, Davo! This is an exceptional model with fantastic textures. I can imagine the amount of work that went into producing a set of this quality. AWESOME!!! - M

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

graphicnovel ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 1:41 AM

dude this totally rocks, how do you do it? with what progs? was this rendered in poser? ouch.... how about a tutorial sort of showing the steps and so on? thanks vince

--criticom-- ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 1:41 AM

This is incredible ,how in the world do you continue to create(for lack of better words) good stuff,it just what I've been looking for.whatever you do don't stop ,keep bringin out more "good stuff". --criticom--

jenay ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 2:49 AM

it's cool :) great!

SydneyKeys ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 3:58 AM
Online Now!

8^P Let the rendering begin! There isan't a bad piece in the set! What fantastic light fixtures, and control panels, and catwalks, and .........you get the idea, when can we have it!? She bleats with baited breath?

jarm ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 9:31 AM

Bugger, he's going to cost me more money...

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 2:58 PM

this thread has been moved to the Product Showcase Forum. Davo - if this is a free item, tell me and I'll put the thread back. Lyrra (moderator)

Ajax ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 8:53 PM

Oh man! Davo, I had no idea! This looks awesome. Can't wait to get my mits on it. I was just saying to Moe the other day "big fans" and here you are with big fans. I love those lights too.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 9:01 PM

Looks excellent Davo! The models and textures are great as always!

nikitacreed ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 10:38 PM

WOOHOO! Fantastic work as usual Davo! you have outdone yourself with this! ;o)

futuramik ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 3:14 AM

dam your black heart, now the upgrade gets put off again. Must have madlab 2

KattMan ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 7:25 AM

Damn davo, you have me hooked now. As you know I have your first set and this will be a fantastic addition! You did this on purpose didn't you?

davo ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2002 at 7:53 AM

Hi guys, Thanks for all the wonderful comments :-) Graphicnovel: I used rhino for all the modeling, uvmapper for the uvmapping and CorelDraw9 and Corel PhotoPaint9 for all the texturing. It was rendered in Poser, but rendered surprising fast, I made these models just as low polygon as possible, there aren't many curved edged in this set, I use texuring to fake a lot of the 3d look. I've decided to break this into 2 products, one will be Madlab-II (none of that is shown here) and the other will be Dreadworks-II (mostly building componants). The Madlab-II has some adult oriented stuff in it, so I thought it would be best to split it up, plus the fact there is such a huge amount stuff in the package. I hope to have this available in a week. Ajax has volunteered (as usual, thanks mate) to beta test it and tweak things a bit so it is even more user friendly that it already is :-) I have several more props I'm working on for this package, so hang on to your hats, Davo

Wadus ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 9:22 PM

those look great, puts me in the mind of Metal Gear...

futuramik ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 9:37 PM

I got Dreadworks 2 and gotta say its an excellent set, blends in nicley with all the previous sets too. Well done Davo!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.