Fri, Sep 20, 11:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Why so few examples of dynamic clothing?

mjtdevries ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2002 at 3:48 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:25 AM

Unless I've missed some, I have only seen that AVI showing the skirt and top, and some examples of pieces of cloth falling over different objects. But the skirt and top were only very simple objects (a circle with a hole in the middle). Reading the Poser5 manual it seems like it should be very easy to convert existing clothing props to P5 dynamic cloth. And I expect that P5 will included some dynamic cloth examples? Why haven't we seen any examples of that? For instance, I would like to see just a current P4 dress converted to a P5 cloth, and render that with a simple walk. The manual suggest that that should be easy to do. (Or maybe some piece included with Poser5. Just anything other than a circle with a hole in the middel). I'm getting a bit concerned that the dynamic cloth option might not work that well for more complicated props like a dress, and only works well for extremely simple objects.

Routledge ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2002 at 3:59 AM

I can understand your concerns, plenty have been posted about various aspects, but hey in a couple of weeks we`ll be flooded with examples of the new Poser capabilities. Have you seen the P5 manual, posted as a PDF file at Curious Labs site? Not the same as anims or pics but it may be of interest.

aleks ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2002 at 3:59 AM

hey, don't ask too many questions, they might get offended, and they won't tell us anything any more... ;]P

mjtdevries ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2002 at 4:10 AM

I did see the manual. That's where my question comes from :-) The manual suggests it should be easy, but I see no screenshots in the manual, and no screenshots anywhere else. For me the dynamic cloth and dynamic hair are the most interesting features for P5. So I'd expect CL to advertise these spectacular features a bit more. A better renderer etc is nice, but we all got by with renderers from other software packages already. It's these features which are really new.

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2002 at 4:20 AM

Poser 5 does include dynamic clothing and additional tips & tricks for converting props into dynamic cloth objects.

mjtdevries ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2002 at 4:26 AM

Any chance of posting a single screenshot of a piece of clothing that is not a 'circle with a hole in the center'? Please?? :-)

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2002 at 4:32 AM

There's always that chance. I'll ask kupa about it next week.

mjtdevries ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2002 at 4:38 AM

Thanks!

Jaager ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2002 at 1:04 PM

The clothing that comes with Poser 4 - leotard for example - has filled polys at the neck and arm holes and I think, leg holes. That does stop the two way mirror effect in preview, but it makes the item a closed one. Lots of early items have crap in the openings.

mjtdevries ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 8:57 AM

Jaager: That's something that shouldn't be that difficult to fix, would it? But it might indeed prevent a direct conversion. Nosfiratu: What did Kupa answer?

Valandar ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 9:00 AM

By the way, people, remember... the P4 manual had screenshots of P3 in it... yes, SOME P4 screenshots, but many were P3.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.