Tue, Oct 22, 1:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: Renderosity

MeInOhio ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 3:09 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:15 PM

Does anyone else have problems with Renderosity just disappearing on them? I was at the site yesterday and I clicked on a link to read a post and after a few moments, it told me the page couldn't be found. After that I tried to navigate elsewhere on the site and it told me that the entire site couldn't be found. This is about the fourth time this has happened in 2 or 3 weeks. The first time it disappeared for 4 days. At least this time is was only for one evening. I also have problems with the new DAZ store. I don't get any menus, so I can browse the store. I was wondering if someone could post the link to the new release page. I figure I'll be able to browse to that and since most of what I buy is the new release stuff, I figure that will hold me over until it gets corrected. Right now the only things I'd be able to buy are the dragon, and the three items that have their own icons at the bottom of the page, plus what ever happens to be on that revovling icon at the bottom of the page. Thanks, Kevin

jchimim ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 3:10 PM

yup, been a bit flaky lately for me too...

RawArt ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 3:16 PM

yeah...its been giving me grief for about a month now ;( Rawn

MaterialForge ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 3:16 PM

I've noticed in the last week or so that all the major 3d and Poser-related sites I visit have been flakey. Renderosity's problems could be due to so much traffic, and also, aren't the servers being changed? That explains a lot. And Daz just changed their store software, so it's only natural there will be bugs. It seems that with all the hoopla surround P5, and other new Poser and 3d products being introduced, everyone is updating their sites and stuff. Hang in there and I'm sure everything will be resolved soon!

Hiram ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 3:17 PM

Attached Link: http://store.daz3d.com/Jump.php?JumpPage=/catalog/product.php?pcode=ps_an048

The above goes straight to the DAZ Dragon. I get tons of java errors whenever try to go there from my Mac. It just locks up IE completely. The new store is totally buggy.

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 3:23 PM

server upgrades are a real pain sometimes, but if we want to have all the wonderful new features they promise us we have to live with the problems for a while. Rob

praxis22 ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 4:17 PM

I had to upgrade a web server this evening, went smoothly enough, though one virtual host had problems loading graphics, (it's a PHP generated page) we'll see who screams tomorrow :) As for 'rosity, yeah, just came back for me, and te number of users is just over 400 so it's just me... later jb

praxis22 ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 4:19 PM

Bum, That should have been, "it's not just me..." :) later jb

boblowery ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 7:06 PM

yep! I had the same problems, got so mad I threw the computer out the window, had to retrieve an old one from the garage so I could try again, so far I made it this far and going to try again for the dragon.

martial ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 7:17 PM

Same problem here

boblowery ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 7:34 PM

well i went and tried for the dragon and have made up my mind that with this bullshit i will never make another purchase from DAZ. it has been several days that i've been trying to get anywhere at that site so maybe they don't need my money.

Lyne ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 8:42 PM

This is interesting.. I just went to the DAZ store, while this page is open, and it loaded fast.. and I could go to the dragon page.. I bought the dragon yesterday without a hitch.. Today I came to 'rosity and saw the "arthur.renderosity.com" server for just browsing the forums.. it is much faster and a pleasure... (I'm on that server now) I wonder if there is a problem on the 'net in general in certain areas, that on top of a slow 'rosity and an off and on DAZ new servers could just be making things messy off an on? Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 10:17 PM

This whole internet thing is just overhyped. I think we should just go back to BBS servers. I mean, all went just swell using my 300 baud modem....never half as much bs, because there were only 3 or 4 hundred people that even owned a modem. What would we do without a place to host our images ? "host" ???? Forums ???? Its kinda like that deal about , if you build it they will come, or some such. Somebody up above was complaining about DAZ not wanting their money....there is also an 800 number that you can use...they will gladly take your cash...and perhaps an email to their web guru, or maybe tech support would be a good idea. Not only does that store not always work, but there are tons of links that are screwed up as well. Just tell DAZ that discount dave told ya to call.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.