Sat, Oct 5, 10:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 9:59 am)

Subject: The Gustaph Texture

sithgoblin ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 3:19 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 8:19 AM

file_22718.jpg

Is it just me, or does this texture bear a striking resembalence to Cathrina's Raphael?

sithgoblin ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 3:23 AM

file_22719.jpg

And here is raph...

TygerCub ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 6:06 AM

The lip pattern definitely appears to be the same, as does much of the mustashe & eyebrow pattern. Just looks like Raph got a shave.

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 10:52 AM

The area around the eyes is different. The Gustaph texture looks like he's wearing brown eye shadow. The lips are identical. Raphael's eyebrows seem a little bushier than Gustaph's, but they could have been enhanced. Little center part in the mustache seems to have the same pattern, too. Just curious, who did Gustaph? Raphael has been around for a long time. I bought Cath's Victor/Raphael set well over a year ago. Melanie

xoconostle ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 11:38 AM

Gustaph is by Homunculi, aka Sternenschein. Apparently he's in Germany. You have a sharp eye, sithgoblin. "Hmmmm..."

hmatienzo ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 3:29 PM

Well, I am Carola's beta tester, and from I can tell you, she worked VERY hard on her own textures, thank you very much! And before you all turn this into a public witch hunt as you are all so fond of doing these days... maybe contact the lady privately first???? She is gifted enough not to have to resort to theft.

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

xoconostle ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 6:30 PM

Nobody made any accusations, hmatienzo. Reasonable questions were asked, as the photos demonstrate. Who is Carola? You might have misunderstood something here. I'm anti-witch hunt, BTW.

VirtualSite ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 6:35 PM

I'm sure she does, Hm, but looking at the creases in the forehead, the errant curls on the moustache, the crease pattern on the lower lip, even the blotches of discolouration on the (our POV) left cheek... someone somewhere probably has some explaining to do. This one is clearly "appropriated", sorry. The only reason people felt that Gustaph was wearing brown eye shadow is because the upper lid is curled down more, but if you look at the original, it's in there too. The morphing job has altered the eyebrows enough to disguise them a bit, but it doesn't take much observation to see they're the same: Gustaph's are just curled. Sorry, this one is pretty blatant.

MadYuri ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 6:44 PM

Cathrina Harders had some time ago a pro licence for her textures at her site. Any texture artist could purchase this pro licence and can now legally create and sell textures based on Cathrina textures. Didn't anybody wonder why many MP textures look very much alike?

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 6:53 PM

Ok PPL! lets not have a witch hunt ok? why not have someone on the mods / admin team do what we do at the 3DGladiators? there one of us on the Council takes both questioned files and does a comparision and investigation. then action is taken on the results. no witch hunts, slandering, accustations, flamewars etc. Kai

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 7:07 PM

Something no one considered is that maybe Catharina has given permission to this artist to use her texture in Gustaph. I think that people should be given the benefit of the doubt before accusations are made. Innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. I did point out the similarities, but I never accused anyone of stealing. We need the facts first before condemning. Catharina, if you're reading this, maybe you can give us some input, please? Melanie

VirtualSite ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 7:41 PM

lets not have a witch hunt ok? As someone who sat through the near interminable "comparisons" when someone stole SteffyZ's textures about a year ago, I think it would be prudent of this merchant to state somewhere on the MP page that this was created using such and such under the provisions of such and such a licence, assuming that's the case, which it probably is. But since most of us don't know about such a licensing program, and since it's pretty clear where this started from, don't you think it would be better for the merchant to inform us of such a licence instead of having to appear to be "caught out" like this? That, to me, would just be good business sense, especially if you want to avoid as even potentially being accused of "borrowing" someone else's work.

sithgoblin ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2002 at 8:13 PM

It wasn't my intention to start a witch hunt, I was merely trying to point out a resembelence that I noticed, one that that I wasn't sure was legal. If it is, then I am sorry. Thanks for all your replies, I didnt think I was seeing things!!

MadYuri ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 2:41 AM

No problem. I too think that it is a good idea to make a comment if a commercial texture is based on another. Threads like this could be avoided and customers could do an informed decision.

Sternenschein ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 2:49 AM

I have read this Thread carefully, I have not much to say, but: I have not stolen the Work from Catharina Harder (which I respect very much!) , I build Gustaph on my own resources, to proof this, I have e-mailed the Staff on RR a few minutes before Here ist the Mail: ---------------------------------------------------- Dear Clint, I have a Problem, in a thread at: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=857384 in the Poser Forum i get assaultet that have stolen my Gustaph Texture from the Texture "Raphael" by Catharina Harders. Is there any way that a neutral Person from Renderosty compares Both Textures to proof that I am not a Thief, that Gustaph ist build on my Resources? If so i would be happy to hear from you, please in the Meantime, is it possible to put Gustaph out of selling, to put him on hold? I dont want to sell a product which is put in Question by the Comunity Thanks in Advance Carola ------------------------------------------------------ So i Hope this one will be cleared professionally & soon greetings Carola Homunculi-Creations

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.