Thu, Sep 19, 9:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: WIP, would appreciate comments please.

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 4:07 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 12:24 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=243598

After all the help I got from Madmax br5 and others I have finally got this far. Is it worth persevering with. I know it needs some postwork, and I would need to render larger and better quality to do this. Would it be worth the effort??????? Thankyou

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 6:28 AM

Nice work, Sure, it's worth the extra time for a re-render and post. Looks like you spent some time on it already. The left wall feels a bit empty, maybe a half round spoked window or a large portrait type painting, I think those were proper for that era. Nice piece, can't wait to see the finish.

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 6:35 AM

Uh Oh, you're not gonna like me.(grin) I realized what looks sparse, the door casings and baseboard mouldings. Those would add the detail to the room and wouldn't draw the eye away from the figures. hope this helps.

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 6:59 AM

those are both good points, oh whoops now how can I make moulded door frames in bryce, with primitives, which is what the rest of the room is built from. Oh well if I can make bannister spindle things I am sure I can make doorframes etc. and yes I could make another picture. can't really be a window, cos there is another room through the door. Thankyou for the helpful comments

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

haloedrain ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 3:15 PM

try adding more...um...posts? under the banister, right now the kid could fall right through! Also, it kinda bothers me that the two people closest to the camera are in shadow. Lastly, and you may not like this one if you don't like the molding thing, maybe make the doors and ceiling a lot more decorative. A fancy ballroom like this would definitely have to have fancy doors, and if the room is from the same era as the dresses it would have a really nice ceiling, too

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 5:04 PM

you can use terrains for the doors and it is very fast. Find a decorative pattern, apply it to a symmetric lattice, and then do a bit of adjusting. Also, you may want to disable shadows for that wine bottle..it looks a bit strange.

lsstrout ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2002 at 7:04 PM

This scene is very lovely, and very elaborate. Kudos for all your hard work, I think you should continue until you are satisfied. The only details I thought of were perhaps one or two ladies' fans, and maybe a little more detail on the some of the men's uniforms. Lin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.