Wed, Oct 9, 12:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 7:44 pm)

Subject: bum files

lwanmtr ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 7:43 PM · edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 12:23 AM

Is there a way to convert the .bum files into jpeg files?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 7:57 PM

Yes.

For the PC:
Anthony Appleyard's IMAGEDIT, in Free Stuff.

For the Mac:
MartinC's utilities, also in Free Stuff.

ronmolina ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 8:15 PM

Yes! The way I do it is in Corel PhotoPaint. It will read a bum file. I think I was doing it since version 9. I just load then save as jpg. If I want to then use it in Poser4 I just manually change the extension to bum and it works fine. Ron

Ghostlake114 ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 10:04 PM

change its extension to bmp then u any image view apps to convert it.

MisterDog ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 12:09 AM

The so-called "bum" file is really a Windows bitmap ("bmp") format with a different extension.

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 3:27 AM

Apparently the conversion from standard graphic to .bum is a bit lossy. Anthony warns that his conversion from .bum to .bmp may not perfectly reproduce the original source graphic. Not sure there is a perfect way (yet?) to convert P4 .bum files into P5 or ProPack bump graphics. If you just rename as a .bmp, does Poser read the renamed file well? How does the end result look? Haven't played with it yet, but this will be an important question, going forward....

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 3:57 AM

PS7 won't load .bum files even if you change the extension to bmp, damn wish I'd kept a copy of PSP7 loaded.

ronmolina ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 6:41 AM

Corel PhotoPaint is the only one that does a perfect translation. Not matter what I do PhotoShop will not. Ron

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 6:52 AM

How do you convert from BUM to normal in Anthony's program? My scientific method of poking buttons until I found something didn't get me very far. ^_~ Is it in the help file?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 10:37 PM
FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 7:02 AM

That you, LD. You are very smart.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.