Tue, Oct 8, 6:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 4:32 pm)

Subject: poser 5 libraries question

SmallFry ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 9:07 PM ยท edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 6:17 PM

ok, i just installed poser 5 and i'd like to have it be able to use all my poser 4 stuff so i don't have to reinstall mike or vicki. i'm looking at the manual, but i can't find a way to link p5 to the p4 runtime directory. maybe i'm just thinking about it incorrectly... has anyone figured out how to do link p5 to their p4 content? i'm going to try some stuff in the meantime...

SmallFry ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 9:16 PM

never mind! i just found it. p5 does allow you to link to other runtime libraries! for those of you who might need to figure this out: 1. open a library (any library will do) 2. scroll to the top of the library list 'til you see the folder with the "up arrow". double click on that. 3. keep double-clicking on the folders with the up arrows until you get to a list showing "Poser 5" and "Downloads". you''re now at the top of the heap as far as folders go. 4. click on the "Add runtime" button down at the bottom (disguised as a plus sign!). 5. find your old p4 runtime folder from the popup window! voila! easy as pie. (just think all you mac users and people in europe -- you have us american pc users to act as guinea pigs before you get down to business!)

queri ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 9:53 PM

Yeah, but would you switch with them? Thought not.;-) Me neither. Thanks for the tip. Emily

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 10:41 PM

Kewl, so I can organize my library differently by setting up different runtimes. Ok, can't wait. Airborn is still lost.

markdc ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 11:19 PM

What's great about this is you can create a seperate runtime for each project you're working on. This is one of the best new features in P5 so far.

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 2:51 AM

I don't have P5 yet but I do have a seriously overloaded Runtime directory in P4. Does this mean I can spread out my characters, etc., across several different Runtimes? Sounds like if you can create a runtime for every project you could spread out the library as wide as you want. True or not?

PabloS ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 6:00 AM

dcasey, Yep, you can do that.

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 8:11 AM

Homer says "Woohoo!". :-0

jelisa ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 12:37 PM

dcasey, you can spread the files out over several runtimes or you can rearrange the one you have as long as you're not using Poser 4 anymore. For example, you can create one folder for Victoria, one for Michael, one for Dina, one for Natalia, etc., then under say Victoria, subfolders for characters, clothing, etc., under clothing create subfolders for blouses, skirts, shoes, pants, fantasy, historical, and so forth. In poses, under Victoria, have a subfolder for regular poses, MAT poses, MOR poses; under MAT poses, one for DAZ textures, Bella, Babette, and so on and so forth. Same for props, lights, cameras, and faces. Too much fun! -darlisa

goddesspanda ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 2:38 PM

Killer! Thats awesome! My P4 runtime folder was up to almost 6 gigs by the time I got Poser 5...jeez.

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 1:43 AM

No kidding...I've been using PBooost 1.3, which I will still use, but this has got to be among the MAJOR improvements in Poser. (sniff...getting all misty!). Thanks! Doc

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.