Tue, Oct 8, 6:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 4:32 pm)

Subject: AHHHH!!!! MY POSER 5 IS POSESSED!!!!

smallspace ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 1:33 AM · edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 6:21 PM

file_23298.jpg

I loaded hi-rez Judy and started to play around with her. I went to her eye morphs and adjusted each one to see how it looked. All of the sudden, she stopped responding to the morph dials... ....AND STARTED CLOSING AND OPENING HER EYES ON HER OWN! She slowly closes her eyes till she gets to the expression in the picture on the left, then she opens her eyes, just a little, holds them there for just a second, then pops them open into the expression in the picture on the right! Then she slowly closes them again...over and over! Shes doing it right now! Its really creeping me out! -SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 1:40 AM

When the head starts rotating.... ....run!

...... Kendra

Barryw ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 1:46 AM

Remember when we used to be able to type faster than our computer? It used to be cool to finish two or three sentences and then watch them appear on the screen. I think this is what is happening to you, then again it could be those Micro$oft guys reading your e-mail in the background!! (just kidding, I have a peecee around here somewhere!)

smallspace ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 1:56 AM

SHE'S STILL DOING IT!!! No emptying keystroke buffer, this! This is a full blown poltergeist crash!

bushi ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 1:57 AM

You apparently didn't hear about the AI features being introduced in P5. The new figures now do what they want, when they want. You better stay on their good side or you'll never get them to settle down long enough to do a render. ;)

smallspace ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 1:59 AM

It's not so much the eyes themselves, it's the little twitch of the mouth when she pops her eyes open that gets to me...

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 2:25 AM

ROFL!! That wasn't a reported bug... but damn, save that animation!! Jack

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 2:26 AM

Are you touching me?? Are you touching ME?? I don't see NO ONE ELSE AROUND.... creepy!! Jack

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 2:28 AM

LOL, you never realised animation was so easy, did you?

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

smallspace ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 2:44 AM

It's like something out of Disneyland's Haunted House... or maybe more like one of those old Hammer Vampire movies where just as the hero is about to pound the stake into the heart of the sleeping vampire, its eye pop open and you know everyone is going to die...

WiNC ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 2:58 AM

It is the new security system that CL didn't tell you about.... they are watching you :P WiNC

TygerCub ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 4:58 AM

This happened to me too. Just hit the "STOP" button on the animation bar. For some reason, if you don't hit the dial or the number area exactly, then type in a number, the animation kicks in and possesses Judy. Creeped me out the first time it happened too. Especially since I din't have the limits on, and her eyelinds went through each other. Pretty grotesque.

DragonWalk ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 5:50 AM

This is funny ;-)

Kelderek ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 6:08 AM

Who would have believed that Poser 5 included a "self posing" utility. Talk about getting more than you bargained for!

jayhawk ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 6:13 AM

I have enough haunted programs. Perhaps I should forget P5 until it's blessed by the pope!

DragonWalk ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 6:18 AM

Doc Legume is a self proclaimed minister...(I think)....something like that...he is much easier to get a hold of than the Pope or any other church symbol...since he is here many times too...and he will "bless" the new poser....but...um...I thought Curiouslabs already had him bless the whole flock..?? Maybe he missed this one...?

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 7:10 AM

More likely..... ...He didn't. Think about it.

WiNC ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 7:29 AM

jayhawk, I thought about that also - however the Pope refused to bless Microsoft WindowsXP and just told me to convert to Linux... WiNC

WiNC ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 7:56 AM

Or at least get you a nice section 8 and a short fully paid holiday in a white padded room.

DragonWalk ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 8:25 AM

I erred....I knew it was something holy....consider it righted now....and I will thus spank meself for my blasphemy... Cheers old buddy...hehehe....er...bless ya too ;-)

LeeEvans ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 10:02 AM

gawd I needed that today.. still hurting from laughing so hard... -Lee

wdupre ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 11:23 AM

When Judy starts telling you to send more money to CL that's the time to worry. and make sure your credit card # isn't on your computer or she'll be shopping all day.

smallspace ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 12:47 PM

I'm glad to hear TygerCub is having similar problems. I now officially dub this "THE POLTER-BUG!" (I was going to name it, "West Senile Virus" but then I remembered that a virus and a bug aren't the same thing unless you're talking about Microsoft products...you know, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word, the Windows OS...) -SMT

goddesspanda ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 1:34 PM

LMAO! Why is this so funny to me? What a viz! I at work...in my cube laughing like a fool. Thanks for the smile on a very sad day. Angela

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 3:27 PM

I want to see Him animate the scene that legume pasted in my head when he posted this -Giggle- -Lady Cherry (((( Hrrrumph! I'll have you know I'm LEGALLY ORDAINED by the Universal Life Church of Modesto, CA, young dragon. Don't make me whack you across the knuckles with a ruler. Smallspace, my advice to you in this serious concern about demonic possession is to strip down to your skivvies, paint yourself in chicken blood, and run three times around your computer with a quart of vodka singing "Doo-wah Diddy". It'll drive away the demon. Trust me. I'm a Holyman.)))

The Art Door and Rendervisions Community.
For Artists By Artists

MoonWitch ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 11:11 PM

The gremlins have got in and are haunting you. LOL

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 11:14 PM

Smallspace, sonds like you ne to invoke the EXSOR.SYS :-)

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.