Tue, Oct 22, 7:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: September 11th Tribute

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 7:28 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:26 AM

file_23383.jpg

I have done this aimge as a remake of one I did last september. The title of this is "remembering infamy." There are two sub issues embedded in the picture that are more subtle. Please find these themes before you post about this picture. Specs: Bryce, minor lens flare in photoshop, Car model conversion by nomuse, original car model by ? (lost the readme file), everything else made by me, render time was three days with DOF.

zappazorn ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 7:37 PM

hmm the only thing i notice is the wtc in the mirror, and the steering wheel is on right side

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 8:38 PM

#1 the mirror is on purpose...see if you can figure it out. #2 oops, japanese car model...but it was the only one that fit my purpose....so oh well.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 12:06 AM

If you drive backwards, you'll be living in the past. But probably something more like looking back at the WTC. Since the car is pointing upward, what or who did it run over?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 1:51 AM

The car is parked up on a high curb.

Darkginger ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 9:10 AM

I'd say that it was something about the 'Walk/Don't walk sign being blank - ie, there are no instructions to tell you how to deal with this. That, and looking back to the way things used to be (the rear view mirror). I'm probably wrong, but it made me think!

lsstrout ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 12:10 PM

This image is beautifully done. I feel that the review mirror image represents the rosy view of how we look at the past. The sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky and all is right with the world. However, looking forward the view is almost completely blocked off by the walk sign, the other buildings and the car itself. Not only does the sign not signal whether to walk or not, but the sideview mirror is completely blank, so we can't get any information from that either. I also noticed that the car seems to be completely enclosed, except for the side window which is only slightly lowered, so only a little bit of the outside world can get in. This keeps the inside of the car very separate from what is going outside (much like some of my fellow americans and the rest of the world). Lin

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 8:00 PM

You're in the back seat. The taxi driver bailed. SHONNER http://www.shonner.com

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 8:46 PM

(grins, laughs at Shonner!) (with-holds obnoxious/offensive comments)

cshaftoe ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 7:33 AM

OK so the driver crashed the car into the post and wrecked the 'Walk/don't walk' sign. The door mirror is actually reflecting a view of the road/ground because the car is up on the sidewalk/pavement. Nice job. The Bryster

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.