Fri, Sep 20, 7:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: WISHLIST AGAIN

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 10:37 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:32 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/%7Evue/

Heads up all, please.

The wishlists have been reviewed (Charles added what were missing). Please take a look and tell us if every thing is OK. Coming sunday we will start to vote.

PLEASE DO NOT VOTE YET.

Thanks,
Guitta

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 10:39 AM

The old wishlist is locked now, please post all your comments here.

ablc ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 11:15 AM

poser 5 FULL import ? Laurent

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 11:24 AM

Please always read the lists first. You will find this in the improvements Laurent.

smallspace ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 2:48 PM

I can't believe I didn't think of this before. This has to do with Fog settings. In Truespace, you can set a minimum distance from the camera where the fog begins. Any object closer to the camera than that minimum distance is unaffected by the fog. This is really neat for letting your foreground focal points be sharp and clear while still allowing you to have full fog effect. I'm not sure what to call this. Maybe a "Clear Zone", or perhaps, "Fog Start Point". In Vue, you could set it the way you set the focal point. -SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

smallspace ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 2:53 PM

I don't find PNG support listed anywhere on the summary. (Useful because Curious Labs seems to be infatuated with the format...) -SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 4:08 PM

Right, it was not asked yet, but PNG seems important. We have to add it. Guitta

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 4:08 PM

Right, it was not asked yet, but PNG seems important. We have to add it. Guitta

kitten ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 5:22 PM

Vue's Primitives are not UV mapped. This has been a bug ever since I can remember. This would be really nice to have.

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 5:28 PM

NO, no, kitten, I don't agree at all with you. You can map the primitives very easy with procedurals or bitmaps (there are some great tuts for special mappings in our tutorial section:-))and if you really need an UVmap, just create a primitive outside Vue and map it with UVmapper. But already inside Vue, you can do nearly every thing you want:-). Guitta

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 1:03 AM

file_23452.jpg

What i have forgotten. And haven't seen in the list jet (hope i haven't simply overseen it). Displacement mapping! That would be great! Attached is an example what displacement mapping can do for you. It's in a way similar to bump mapping, only different. Walther

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

nggalai ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:06 AM

LOL displacement maps. :D yes, would be great, but a huge overhaul of the whole rendering engine. Hmmm. Come to think of it, most people would probably applaud a new engine anyway. ;) ta, -Sascha.rb

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:13 AM

Please from now on don't add new wishes. The wishlist were open for over 1 year. Here we only discuss the existing wishlist, otherwise we will never stop... Thanks:-)

Rimkopf ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 7:59 PM

Have I missed something? It's great that we..hrmm, you (I haven't been very active) are doing a wishlist. Have Eon mention anything that they are planning for Vue5 and asking for suggestions? Say yes!!!!!

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 2:25 AM

NO:-)!!!!! But e-on's is always listening to users:-) Guitta

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 3:34 AM

Guitta, I don't mean to argue but kitten is right, the primitives in vue are NOT Uv mapped. I have reported that bug in this forum many times, and Mike also reported the same prob. I seem to remember having put that on a list once before, and when I was having the last problem in this forum, after beta testing their BUM files, I also reported the same bug/issue to steve bell. So, can I please ask that it be reconsidered as an addition to the vue 5 wishlist? Feel free to do a search for my name here and I believe the topic was mapping weirdness on primitives or something like that.

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 3:45 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=397513&Start=1

Guitta...the first reported message from me was here at this link. you will see that a few people also reported the same problem, and even Martin sent the bug off to E-on. I hope this helps add weight to my request? ~beck

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 7:19 AM

Hi Beck, normally we should start today to vote, but we will wait one more day now to examine your problem of your thread from 1 year ago. Since this time Vue were updated at least twice. Thatfor (beause I cannot reproduce your problem after trying with many bitmaps) you need to show a concrete sample and send me the sample map. Please do it fast. I know you're far away and we don't have the same time zone, but please do it quickly so we can start voting. Guitta

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.