Fri, Sep 20, 1:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Stray Hairs In P5

Gary Price ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 1:48 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:37 PM

file_23583.jpg

I can't figure out how to get rid of the stray hairs on the neck and forehead?

geep ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 3:31 AM

... a pair of scissors? ;=] (sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

mjtdevries ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 3:38 AM

Collision detection?

Gary Price ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 4:04 AM

30 Hairs out of 10000 that could take a little time, I'll try it.

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 4:08 AM
Forum Moderator

In the hair room you can select and move individual (or groups of) hairs.

mjtdevries ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 4:26 AM

Never said it was an good solution when considering rendering time ;-) BTW I don't have P5 yet (Europe) but can't you just adjust the length of those stray hairs? I thought you could adjust every individual strain of hair if you wanted too? (That scissors suggestion might not have been bad... :-)

Gary Price ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 4:33 AM

If I try to select the hairs I want the ones in the back get selected instead. It looks like a big mass of red, maybe 10000 is too many.

Orio ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 4:50 AM

more than the hair I would be bothered by the head, it looks like if it waqs pasted on badly. Any reason for that, or is it just a light trick?

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 4:54 AM
Forum Moderator

No, that's Judy after a dose of Face Room Drugs. Geesh! Vicky is still the Queen. Just give us some time to tweak her into P5 shape. She will have dynamic hair soon ;-)

Gary Price ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 5:38 AM

Yeah, I tried to put another face map on, and it doesn't match the body, the light trick was trying to add shiny to it. That was before the hair. I'm trying everything at once. For different looks. I don't know what I'm doing but it's fun.

gryffnn ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 6:10 AM

Gary, if you want to see and select only the hairs on the front, try changing the view from wireframe to something opaque - I think Hidden Line. It looks like they built on the grouping tool from P4; it works much the same, if you've got some experience with that. HTH - Elisa/gryffnn

Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:21 AM

Nerd, what are you saying? Who's "we?" You're fixing Vickie to work with the P5 features? Can you do that? How soon?

wdupre ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 11:39 AM

I found it helpful to have several groups in hair, Front, back, sides, and top. that way posing one area is easier sa you can only select control hairs on the selected group.

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 11:46 AM
Forum Moderator

I've already got the walk designer update to work with P5. After some study I betcha we can as in the Poser Community, can find a way to get thins stuff working for Vickl. ngsmall02.gif

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 11:50 AM

wdupre is right on his idea. I'm working on one now that divides the hair sets into left and right bangs, tops, sides, and back. It really makes it a LOT easier to style the hair. You can also select the hairs that are giving you trouble, and just reduce the length of those hairs.

gryffnn ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 3:59 PM

Someone also pointed out that if you're doing a single image from one direction, you can save processing power by leaving areas bald where it's not going to show. (As if our first attempts at hair don't look mangy enough!)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.