Sat, Oct 5, 11:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:25 am)

Subject: Face Room: What Did I Do Wrong?

Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 6:29 PM ยท edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 11:32 AM

Okay, I'm in the face room and just finished placing all the little green things in the proper places on the front picture. Then I click to load the side picture and, whoops, I'm back in the Pose Room. Hmmm. So I wait about 30 seconds to see if any more fun surprises are going to happen. Nope. So I click back on the Face Room tab and the screen freezes exactly as you see in this pic. I wait about 5 minutes to see if there are any more deliteful tricks the program wants to play, but no, sadly the thing is locked up tight. Can't do anything but ctrl-alt-del. I just have to say I'm having a real ball with P5! All these fun things to discover make the work much more pleasant. It's especially fun when it breaks up the monotony of an hour's worth of work with an unexpected lockup! "Hahahaha!" I say to myself. Silly me! But I'd really like to know how to go about in the face room without the fun surprises. I admit it's been quite a while since I read that part of the manual. Oh, and I've been all thru the hair room...really neato stuff! But, alas, no fun surprises there.

Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 6:30 PM

file_23652.jpg

Hehehe! Silly me, I forgot the picture!

Sue88 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 7:35 PM

I can't help you, I just want to tell you that I am really sorry that you are having all these problems. :( I've had some problems, too (especially in the beginning), but not nearly as much as you. I hope CL tech support can figure out what's wrong and can help you.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 7:47 PM

When I was trying this I loaded both the front and side images before positioning the green dots. Not sure if that would make a difference but it worked for me.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

ewlloyd ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 7:55 PM

This release was definitely rushed out the door. I've crashed the face room a couple of times now, also the cloth room at least once.

Like I said to CL tech support, "Don't ya just HATE it when Marketing doesn't pay attention to Development's timelines? ;-)"

Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:14 PM

Thanks, Sue, but no need to be sorry for me. I'm so happy I can crap myself. I just love this stuff! Phil, thanks for the input. But I tried that already and the same thing happend as soon as I clicked on a green thing in the side view window. Maybe I'm not supposed to do that? ewlloyd, it's clearly our inexperience causing this.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:39 PM

I'm so happy I can crap myself. Just don't do it in here! ;-) I'm still waiting to hear back from Anthony (Nosfiratu) on the 512x512 limitation. That is one of the BIGGEST disappoints of the FACE ROOM. All-in-all it is very cool, but also frustrating with how the green positioning dots control the red outlines. -Tim

Artist3D ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 2:54 AM

Any info on the limitation being fixed?I bought Poser for that feature...making our own 3d head models.I hope we can add them to the bodies.But shouldn't the heads Resolution be as high or close to the bodies?I am not too technically advanced so please pardon my ignorance.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 4:08 AM

Anthony said he would get back to me on this in a new post. And yes, you are correct ... especially if you want to do any closeups. It's amazing that is was set to 512x512 ... I just don't understand the logic. You can always down-sample if you want a smaller map, but can NOT upsample. (Well, you can ... but it will look like crap.) Personally, I think it would be nice if they had it be user selectable what the output resolution was going to be. -Tim

Artist3D ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 4:35 AM

That is a great idea Tim.Even a dummy like me would think like that.Why didn't CL?I hope they Fix it and fast.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 5:14 AM

There is a whole list of "MY GOD, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING" I have for this release. I like the new features, but there is no excuse for the interface and other lackluster features/bugs heldover from Poser 4 ... LIKE NO REAL UNDO (let alone multiple levels of UNDO, no OpenGL hardware support for faster 3D, etc.) I know ... gripe, gripe, gripe.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.