Sat, Sep 21, 9:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: My first poser 5 render..

Kiera ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 7:57 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 9:21 PM

file_23656.jpg

Installation was flawless. Registration took 30 seconds. No crashes yet.

Having a ton of fun just playing with anistropic shader nodes on Vicki 2's eyeball material.

No postwork, Firefly renderer. I haven't read the manual yet.. gonna do that next. ;)

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 7:59 PM

Looks cool, how about a closeup of the eye?

"anistropic"? Ouch, is that a big word for procedural shader? :-)

SmallFry ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 7:59 PM

cool! how do you set up the anistropic node? do you connect that to the reflection attributes?

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:10 PM

WOW! But then you are a 'real' artist to begin with - you have an incredible eye for the right look at the right moment. The renders you post here are always a feast for the eyes. Your lighting is always perfect for the situation. This one is especially awesome since it's poser 5. I hate you.

Kiera ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:12 PM

file_23657.jpg

I just selected the eyeball material and played with the shader nodes under reflection. I have no idea what I am doing. ;) Just playing.

Here's a closeup of the eyeball.

Kiera ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:14 PM

Ahah, BillyGoat. Thanks, I think. ;)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:14 PM

anisotropic (adjective) : Having properties that differ according to the direction of measurement. Or in this case, a shader node that allows you to create irregularly-shaped highlights.

Kiera ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:17 PM

Little_Dragon: Too bad I didn't pay attention when I took Latin ;) Thanks for the clarification =)

Entropic ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:18 PM

Looks like the masters are coming back... This is the best P5 render I've seen in this forum yet... and, seeing as how it's your first... they're only getting better. =D Paul P.S.: I play with the damn thing for weeks and can't get anywhere near this level... you play for 5 minutes and beat hell out of everything P4 could do? I'm so jealous it hurts. ;)

Kiera ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:21 PM

One thing I am liking about the Firefly renderer is that anti-aliasing doesn't seem to "blur" the texture like the P4 renderer did. In order to make any P4 render look good, the first thing I did when I got it into Photoshop was sharpen it. The polygon smoothing is hella nice, too.

Lunaseas ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:22 PM

file_23658.jpg

Well, this isn't anywhere near as good....but here's my first render with p5.

Kiera ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:24 PM

That clear ball looks so cool, Lunaseas. =) Good job setting that up.. I haven't gotten that far yet.

Niles ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:26 PM

Your render as a whole is.... "hella nice".... sweet :) Niles

PabloS ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:29 PM

Kiera! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVEN'T READ THE MANUAL? You must be some kinda Poser savant!

timoteo1 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:34 PM

Absolutely stunning Kiera! (I hate you too! ;-) ) I can;t wait to see what you can do after you read the manual! BTW, I'm surprised no one has asked yet, but where is the hair from? You didn't whip that up in hair room too, now did you?? -Tim

Kiera ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:40 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_23659.jpg

haha.. no. No whipping up in the hair room yet. That's from Ukon, Daz I believe. =) I decided to start with things I am familiar with.. mine and Blackhearted's own textures, face & body morphs, etc, so that I would know what's different and what isn't. I don't know Judy or Don at all, so I don't know what's normal.

I am having so much fun. ;)

notefinger ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 8:51 PM

That's amazing! It looks just like my brother!

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 9:14 PM

Kiera beautiful Job! Lunaseas,Love it! You two are amazing :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

quixote ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 10:41 PM

Go people go... I'm loving this. Q

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

Tunames ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 11:39 PM

Installation flawless? No crashes? What kinda system are you running?

Kiera ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 12:01 AM

Still no crashes. 1.8 GHz Pentium 256MB RAM 64MB nVidea video card Windows XP Home

Kiera ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 1:35 AM

file_23660.jpg

I graduated to Don over the last few hours. Anisotropic shader nodes on eyes, some special shader node calld "skin sheen", and an overall skin coloration, again with shader nodes.

Firefly render, no post.

Entropic ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 9:05 AM

Heh... that looks real Kiera. I doubt anyone could have done a pure render that clean and realistic in Poser 4. Paul

maclean ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 9:40 AM

Good to finally hit a thread with NO poser 5 whines in it. LOL. Kiera... did you sacrifice a small animal before you installed? Or just get down on your knees? I'm glad SOMEBODY'S getting it on! I was beginning to dread the arrival of my copy, but this gives me hope. Wonderful stuff, both of you. mac

maclean ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 9:42 AM

Hmmm...... a little postscript.... It just occurred to me that Kiera is doing something fairly intelligent here. "I decided to start with things I am familiar with.." Now THAT'S the intelligent way to go about it. Not dive into unknown territory from the git-go. mac

namja1955 ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 9:51 AM

The real problem with POSER 5 is that even some of the most experienced artists here are stumbling through the learning process and are in the position of being "NOOBIES" again. Seesm that as people are getting the hang of things, (barring the normals quirks of a new program), the real power of P5 is beginning to emerge.

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 9:54 AM

Finally playing with it, was very depressed until I saw the thread on how to load the old stuffage in and now I am getting very excited. Time to go read and play. Marque

jerr3d ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 10:50 AM

I agree with BillyGoat in the 4th reply. LOL Excellents Renders Kiera! ps I'm a Mac user so all I can do is watch and drool :b

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.