Sat, Sep 21, 3:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Newbee question on animation

lookoo ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 4:50 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:57 PM

I have rendered a few animations in Poser already, I bought Mimic and did some test renders as well. However, I cannot view the animations properly. So, what kind of media players do you guys use and what kind of conversion do I need to create animations that are actually viewable?

saxon ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 11:29 AM

Can you give us a bit more information. Mac or Windows? I usually start with a plain basic avi, you shouldn't be having trouble viewing your own animations...

Willowjune ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 10:41 AM

I'm a newbie, too, but your question rang a bell. On my old computer, the animations just popped up on the Poser screen. But a few weeks ago, I got a new computer (Windows XE) and I have to hunt the animations down. They're in My Documents, but I get a different list of files there when I take different routes (i.e., accessing from Poser, accessing from the Start Menu, accessing from the video player), so sometimes it takes a long time to find the animation. Look around in your computer--it should be there somewhere! Hope this helps.

bluetone ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 12:51 PM

I would suggest looking through the Windows Explorer option. Some programs, like Poser, Windows Media Player, and others will only show you the files in the "OPEN" window that THEY think you want. If you look in Windows Explorer, you'll find ALL files. Do a search for .avi files since that is the format of most videos on Windows machines. Good Luck!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.