Thu, Sep 19, 3:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: What do you all think about a new Poser 5 forum???

droyd ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 11:20 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:26 PM

I was just wondering if it may be time to start a new forum that's strictly for Poser 5. Or, start another forum that's only for Poser 4 and keep this one as Poser 5. I'm thinking this might be a good idea. From recent remarks, some people may not (or cannot) get Poser 5 for a while. They may have questions only for Poser 4 or Pro Pack, and "may" not get as much attention now that 5 is out. I certainly have things to learn about 4 yet and there's allot of messages here relating to 5 now and certainly will be from this point forward. So, what do you think. Is this a good idea? Bad idea? Leave things as is or time for a change? just a thought...

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 11:21 PM

Poser is Poser and it all goes here :-)

EricofSD ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 11:50 PM

I don't think there needs to be a separation of forums for the different versions. The chatter will slow a bit when folks get used to the new program. However, I do think there should be a separation between the routine poser threads we were used to and the tips / workarounds / technical issues that come with the new software. I've seen a few very valuable tips so far and they get lost in the myriad of whining. Since poser technical exists, how about P5 install / usage issues go there and we in this forum get on with our rendering?

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 12:04 AM

One forum is best for CL to keep up with regarding things like that. People will continue to post in both making their job more difficult.

geep ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 12:47 AM

What, .................. no P4um? Darn! ;=] (sorry Jeff, couldn't resist)

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 1:03 AM

I think the tips for P5 should be placed in the tips and tricks forum to make it easier for us when we do get P5. I'm ordering P5 next week, by then I'm sure there will be so much to search through it would take hours with my slow mod. Just a thought. Tashar 59

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 1:09 AM

Poser is Poser is Poser...

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

wdupre ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 1:29 AM

can we have a forum to put all the people who whine about the registration system and say they'll never give in to big brother... ALRIGHT ALREADY WE KNOW YOU ARN'T GOING TO GET P5 WITH THE REGISTRATION BUT DO YOU HAVE TO START A NEW THREAD ABOUT IT EVERY HALF HOUR? Sorry folks... I shouldn't have done that but I felt a rant coming on and I'M SICK AND TI... so sorry maybee I should just go to bed. (he wanders off mumbling to himself.)

-Waldo- ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 2:19 AM

How about add "Edit perferences" if someone want to read specific topics; P5 only, All Poser topics, P4 only, P3 only, P2 only, P1 only, and P4 with PPP? It would be alot easy for me and moderators to focus on specific topics we want to read.

Waldoo

-Waldo- ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 2:22 AM

One more option to add in perference is "NO WHINING" topic to save some headaches. Waldoo

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 4:04 AM

Once the newness of P5 dies down, one forum should be all that's needed...

xvcoffee ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 4:07 AM

Thats right.

I propose SEVEN new Renderosity Forums, not two, not four, (Im not mad, Im just an animator).

Here they be...

• Mimic - its time
  • The Kitchen - flame wars between consenting members, if you cant stand the heat...
  • Poser for Mac - started AFTER the release date announcement.
  • Win v Mac - or Mac v Win
  • Mimic 2 - !
  • Poser 5 EULA - Literacy skills of some members.

... and finally

• Film making - I wonder who well see here?

(Plus, the Pink Pony, renderosibee, maybee ...)

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 9:31 AM

I'm not going to buy Poser 5 unless they change the registration system....ack....er...my fingers apparently weren't listening and ordered it while I was playing a game, honest, just jumped in there and typed it all out before I knew it Poser 5 was being delivered. Sigh. Oh well, guess I'd better get busy and learn it now. 8^) Marque

ming ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 9:43 AM

I agree. There should be a seperation of P4 and P5.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 12:16 PM

Instead of a seperate forum, maybe some kind of flagging system we could search for? So if its P5 Hair Room, we check a flag, and could limit it to only those type of posts... or leave all flags unchecked and get everything. Right now I search on keywords, but since there's no real keyword standard, I know I either miss some things, or get things that don't really apply. Suggestions for flags: P4 - all P4 - general P4 - technical help p5 - all P5 - general P5 - hair P5 - materials P5 - cloth P5 - face P5 - setup and character development P5 - rendering (Firefly and P4) P5 - bugs and wish list Product and freebie notices - because I miss some of them now, and I ALWAYS want a good new product or freebie. Flames - so our Forum moderators can move the b*tchy stuff to when it gets too foul Just an idea... I didn't include a lot of different catagories for P4, since the traffic for P4 will eventually go away.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 12:37 PM

'Just an idea... I didn't include a lot of different catagories for P4, since the traffic for P4 will eventually go' not so.. until we get proper export for p5 models into other apps, p4 will rule this area.. tis the reason why I've rejected p5 altogether at this time. Kai

ming ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 12:53 PM

P4 is going to be around a long time.

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 1:26 PM

the flagging system sounds great to me. However, with all the search parameters, etc, at some point, 'osity is going to have to upgrade equipment. The web pages are slow to respond and that's only going to get worse. I know osity is doing their best to keep the search engine fast, but its time for one of those british v-12's now.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 1:41 PM

The 'sity currently uses a flagging system now in the freebies section, so it shouldn't be that much of a change to implement it for the forums, or add that much overhead to the system. In fact, it might make the system faster, since the queries would be giving smaller results back from the server. Anytime you add extra indexes, response on a query should speed up, but posting response would go down (slightly). I think the 'sity's biggest problem is its own success. It gets huge numbers of hits every day, and really requires heavy duty hardware and networking. I think its amazing how well they do know, considering the volume of traffic. As for catagories, add as many P4 ones as you like to my suggestion. So far P5 does everything P4 did for me, so I haven't had to go back yet. Of course, I still haven't tried to import a P5 scene into Vue. Ah programming... God bless Bill Gates and IBM. They keep my paycheck a coming in! (grin).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.