Tue, Oct 22, 5:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Dragon Scale Texture

macmullin ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 8:21 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:46 AM

file_23787.jpg

I just created this dragon scale texture in under two hours use to your hearts content no restrictions personal or commercial. Challenge: Can any one guess how and what application I used to created this.

TalmidBen ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 8:37 PM

I'll take a guess, Poser?!

William ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 9:56 PM

Good work! Thanks for the gift.

droyd ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 10:35 PM

Nice stuff! thanks.

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 6:18 AM

file_23789.jpg

I am surprised you got I so quickly TalmidBen. Your right, its Poser! Made a single model of a dragon scale and kept repeating it till I created one roe, and then repeated each roe (off setting it) till I had a square sheet of scales. Although there are six materials zones in the model (1 map per every 18 scales), but for a quick render for the forum and to see the results (there is no post work on sample) - I just used 1 texture and 1 bum map on it. I thought it was a new and interesting way to create a texture that normally would take a considerably more time to do purely by hand. Once the model was complete - one can change the textures and lighting for diifferent looks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.