Mon, Sep 16, 10:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 3:20 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: A new Monster set from Davo, whew, it's been a while.

davo ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 10:37 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 3:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.beyondbent.com

file_23964.jpg

Been a while since I got back to grass roots and put out a monster set. I came up with this cool morphing blob I call Slag and added some morphing egg props and a couple of EasyPose worm that have mouth morphs too.

You don't want to know how I came up with the inspiration for this... heh heh heh... ewwwwwwwwwwww.

Check out www.beyondbent.com for more info and images.

Comments welcome and encouraged as usual.

Davo

futuramik ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 1:34 AM

ummm, yea pizza tends to look like that second time around.hehehee, nice one Davo wipes stuff off foot

Ajax ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 2:40 AM

I'm trying to imagine how that smells. Is there going to be a scratch 'n' sniff version?

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

Farside ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 2:58 AM

now THAT is GROSS!!! I love it :)

Disciple3d ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 6:36 AM

Whew. Damn that's hard to look at first thing in the morning. Nasty, nasty monster. Like a Freddy Kruger pet shop of horros thing. Kind of reminds me of The Thing a bit too. Awesome work as usual for you. :)

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

Xena ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 7:43 AM

Now that is just disgustingly wicked Davo :) I'm so glad I don't drink beer and eat pizza at the same time for this effect ;P

davo ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 8:01 AM

well, I suppose if you're lying face down in a pool of vomit for 2 days, it could start to look like that..heh heh. Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate them. Yes.. it was kinda fun putting that set together, the opening eggs and mouth morphs were a challenge, that's for sure. Davo

nikitacreed ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 10:46 AM

He looks so cool Davo!! begin nagging Ya know...that Easy pose tube worm with Mouth morph would look so much like a sandworm with some teeth added to it. end nagging ;o)

davo ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 10:49 AM

nikita: somehow, I knew you were going to say that :-) d

nikitacreed ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 10:56 AM

ROFL! How'd ya ever know! ;o)

davo ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 11:07 AM

Well, there's this chick I know that likes Dune a lot, and when I made the worm, I thought to myself, I bet she's gonna say something. I suppose I could try and make a dune worm someday, but it's pretty polygon intesive, this little guy isn't quite so complex. Hey, speaking of Dune, will I ever get to see a nekkid Alia in a practice room with a sword picture? heh heh, Davo

nikitacreed ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 11:10 AM

LOL! I'm so predictable. ;o) Alia in the practice room with sword is still not finished yet. I have been so busy that Michael and I have let the "Dune Archives" project fall by the wayside. But...we are going to get back to work on it again this weekend. I will work on that image this week...if it is at all possible. I never seem to have much time to do "complicated" renders these days. LOL! Sheesh....how long have I been working on that one render now? 6 months or more? :o

MaterialForge ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 12:52 PM

Great work davo! You're one talented guy. I'm going to have to get some of your new stuff, this included. I thought the same thing about the sandworm, so now you've got TWO requests... ;)

SydneyKeys ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 3:56 PM

I think the Orkin Mans going to need therapy, and a bigger sprayer ,if he ever sees this thing. The words "Feed Me Semore" also come to mind. Good one D ^_^

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 4:53 PM

Hey, hey! If there's a Dune nut in here - I must ask - I'm into getting Dune on DVD, is there a 'special' version out there, or only the standard movie version? And oh yeah, great monster Davo! Pizza the Lump! :] Fish

nikitacreed ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 6:03 PM

Ummm...Dune maniacs should never discuss the "Dune" movies. ROFL! Really...ya don't want me to get started... In short - I haven't a clue if there is a special version. heh ;o)

Moebius87 ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 9:36 PM

Davo - beautiful work! Fantastic model!!! Are you going to release this monster with alternative textures as well? Can this be somehow morphed to crawl on walls and fill up passageways, or tunnels? FishNose - Which movie version? Lynch or that other new one? Personally, I would love to see someone come up with the definitive Imperial Sardaukar uniform. :oP - M

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

jenay ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 5:49 AM

hehehe - great work - love it :)

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 4:55 PM

Of courts I read the Dune books a loooong time ago - but I still dig the Lynch movie. Whether or not it's true to the original story is not an issue for me. I think the movie stands in it's own right. So yes M, it's the Lynch version I'm after. I heard that the original cut was wayyyyy longer than when it was finally released, like a whole hour longer or even more. The film company forced the butchering for marketing reasons of course - a very long movie means fewer shows per day, less income. :] Fish

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.