Sat, Sep 21, 3:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: This is my first one of these...

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 2:30 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=866492&Start=1

file_24038.jpg

...but I understand others have had it, too (see link). Has anyone come up with a solution? Apparantly, reinstall doesn't necessarily work and can create another set of directories, which I definately don't want. Thanks in advance.

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 2:55 PM

file_24039.jpg

From reading the thread in the link above I learned "all the xml is in the runtime/ui folder." So I went there and looked in all the files that had been written to the last time I ran P5. All open okay except this one (see pic). Can anyone tell me from this error message which file is the bad one? The "dlg_don'tsavecancelOK.xml," or the "10500_dialog.psd?"

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 2:58 PM

file_24040.jpg

Here is what the 10500_dialog.psd file looks like. It opened fine in Photoshop. Thanks in advance.

whoopdat ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 3:55 PM

In the picture from IE, there's a / before the last > in it that could be wrong (since it's not within the quotes), but I'm no XML expert. On a side note, that file isn't going to show in IE, unless there's a plugin from Adobe that does it. PSDs are Photoshop files and only open in those sorts of programs. Or should. And if that doesn't help, ignore me. I don't even have P5 yet. :P

Lunaseas ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 3:58 PM

What I had to do was update IE and also got into the runtime prefs folder and delete all the xml files, then reinstall Poser and then it worked fine for me.

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 4:42 PM

I fixed the problem mentioned in my 2nd message. There was a word missing from the DLG_DONTSAVECANCELOK.XML file. I added the word and now the file loads okay in IE. So now all the files re-written the last time I used Poser seem to be fine. The psd's load fine in Pshop; the xml files load fine in IE. But, dang! I still get the error shown in my first message. "runtime/prefs" folder? I'll check there next. But according to TygerCub in the linked thread above, reinstalling created a second set of Poser5 folders and he can't get rid of either one. I can't have that kind of confusion on my hard drive, given my level inexperience, shown by all the problems I'm causing for P5. Hope to hear back from CL soon on the issue, though. I can rewrite the line myself if I knew the proper syntax and which file it is. Thanks for the help! Anyone else, please feel free to chime in.

Kiera ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 4:45 PM

Hmm.. it appears to be well-formed to me.

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 9:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=873270

Thanks, Kiera! There's a fix to this now; I posted it in a new thread so it wouldn't be buried. See the link. Lunaseas, the problem was in the Prefs folder, but no reinstall was needed.

Kiera ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 9:42 PM

Awesome. ;) Glad it was tracked down.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.