Wed, Oct 9, 12:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 7:44 pm)

Subject: Tigrinia and/or Amharic (there is a Poser tie-in here)

Luthoricas ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 4:55 PM ยท edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 10:23 PM

Does anyone here know Tigrinia or Amharic (writing) ? I need someone who can translate English into Tigrinia and/or (preferrably 'and') Amharic words and sentences. Then, create a graphic with these words and sentences on it which I could use for post-work copy-n-pasting into the final images. The project I have is (I volunteered for this): Glimmer Of Hope is a not-for-profit organization which assists international adoptions for Ethiopian children to the United States. In this process, they also try to help the kids prepare for their entering the United States and dealing with a lot of the cultural differences (some of which, most people might never think of). Some of the things dealt with are most easily explained with pictures. In Poser I can easily create the images. What I don't know is the Tigrinia and Amharic written language.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 5:23 PM

I can't assist with translation services, but this software might be of some interest:

http://www.acisconsulting.com/menujs.html?hahulite.html

Luthoricas ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 5:29 PM

Thanks LittleDragon! I'll go take a look at it.

MisterDog ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 10:26 PM

I suggest you might want to contact the Tawahedo Church (Ethiopian Orthodox Church), since about 50% of Ethiopia's population is Orthodox Christian. If anybody can get a translation for you, it would be they. The Parish of Our Savior in NYC can be contacted at 570 Riverside Drive, Suite 9380, New York, NY 10031-9380. A directory of several Ethiopian Orthodox parishes can be found at http://www.eotc.faithweb.com/dire.html Your organization is, of course, sensitive to the ancient and revered place Ethiopian Orthodoxy has within Ethiopian culture (since roughly AD340 to the present day--yes, thats 340, not 1340). I do caution you, though. There are a lot of flakes and fakes who have adopted the name "Ethiopian Orthodox". Likewise, many Rastafarians claim they are "Ethiopian Orthodox", although Patriarch Paulos in Addis Ababa would certainly never recognize them as such--neither of these groups would likely know a bit of the languages you need.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.