Tue, Oct 8, 10:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 7:44 pm)

Subject: Left Forearm!!!!

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 9:27 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 8:07 AM

Left forearm! Left forearm! What does it mean? Is Poser making obscene gestures at me in a foreign language? Wow. Simple hair test. Ball prop. One hair group. P4-style render. I note that P5 is hardly using any RAM while rendering. Everything is happy-smiley. Suddenly: left forearm! Windows protection error! BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! Not that I am complaining, mind you. I am having a blast with Poser 5. The new material functions are worth the upgrade price in and of themselves, IMHO.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

lalverson ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 9:41 PM

that's a new feature of p5 telling you that you have sinned and must now reboot. i get it when i firefly render

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 10:46 PM

Poser 5 hasn't given me the Left Forearm of Death yet. I'm almost looking forward to it. Sounds like a wrestling move, doesn't it?

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 10:55 PM

Desmond Morris identifies an "obscene signal" which he calls "the Phallic Forearm Jerk." It seems to be analogous to the British "two fingers" or the raising of the middle finger in the U.S. I think I might be offended by this. P5 is getting aggro on me. My whole world is falling apart. What can I trust, if I cannot trust Poser? Gah!

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

MisterDog ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 11:01 PM

Ah, so P5 is Italian!!!

lalverson ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 11:04 PM

Yeah, it does. " and there it is slowly circling the oponent, render is looking pretty good, half way thru...OooooHH!! left forarm from poser5 puts render down on the deck, he doesn't look good. the count has started 9, 10 it's over...it's over..

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 12:56 AM

I got the left forearm crash when I mistakenly tried to apply a material to a camera :-)

PabloS ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 5:53 AM

LOL. You know Steve C is pretty civil when it comes to his responses here to the hoarde of whiners. I wonder if he planted it to let off steam, quietly thinking as he types, "Oh yeah! Left Forearm to you buddy!"

gryffnn ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 6:41 AM

I've only gotten it once on my underpowered Win98 machine (waiting SO impatiently for the Mac version!) and had to reboot. Of course, I haven't tried anything very ambitious yet, and am careful not to click on multiple interface items too quickly. BTW - having great fun with P5!

Spanki ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 12:34 AM

Ahh.. you know, I saw the title of this post the other day and I skipped it, and forgot about it... and last night and today, I've had the Left Forearm bug myself 2-3 times and was wondering if anyone else had noticed this particular bug/crash sequence ;). So... if you see that the program has auto-selected the Left Forearm, beware that you are about to crash, if you haven't already.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 1:53 AM

Oddly, I was not rendering anything with a forearm in it. Just a ball prop with hair. I think it must be a secret message....

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 9:56 AM

I can produce the Left Forearm bug flawlessly :-)

Open poser, replace the default figure with the horse (for example) then switch to the materials room.

Note that the Object and Material will display "None" and "None".

Overlook the fact that you don't have a material selected and try to apply one to the horse...bang, Left Forearm :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.