Tue, Oct 22, 10:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: SLOOOOWWWW!!

goido ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 5:19 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:34 AM

I was working at a Bryce file that was not that complicated but it involved 50 torouses. Everytime I made a change it took my computer 50 seconds to think and perform the task. Is it the processor or the video card that is not refreshing the screen fast enough. When changing from create to edit menu took 50 seconds I knew I was not using my time properly! I have a Pentium 200, 128 megs of Ram and 14 gigs of hard drive. Any suggestions? Thanks, Andres.

Ionah ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 6:11 PM

Maybe it will help if you decrease the wireframe resolution.

Quikp51 ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 6:14 PM

Well curves take a long time to calculate especially if they're smoothed. This used to happen to me until I doubled my RAM to 256megs of pc100.

Nicodemuz ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 11:26 PM

I have a 500mhz AMD k6-2 and my brother has a 200Mhz PII and the difference in working with Bryce is vast. I'm so spoiled with my computer. Sometimes we swap so he can play a video game and within 5 minutes I'm ready to throw his computer out the window! With the mathematics involved with a torus' or circles (pi and all that greek stuff)your computer is making incredible amounts of calculations and has to rewrite all this to ram and the hard drive each time...even with 128Meg. believe it or not your file is probably right at that size so much of the data has to be swapped back and forth to the hard drive and then into RAM. you have to either get a faster CPU or more memory. I'd go with the CPU.

goido ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2000 at 12:31 AM

Thanks for the help. Aaarrgh the dreaded you need a new computer. I decreased the wireframe resolution also. Thanks.

bonestructure ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2000 at 5:38 AM

You also need to turn off the auto update, you'll find that in the little triangle just under the preview window. But I've found the more complex objects you put into Bryce, no matter what you do, the longer it takes to move them and recalculate them

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2000 at 3:58 PM

Yeah ...What Boney said Also ..In the objects attributes dialog select "show object as box" that helps alot because Bryce doesnt have to redraw all the meshes again . but the turn off auto update really makes a difference . when you wan't to see an update just double clicky in the nano preview. also during construction ..turn the textures off. always texture last hope this helps Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.