Fri, Sep 20, 4:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Poser 4 Rendering Weirdness

poseschool ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 6:30 AM · edited Mon, 26 August 2024 at 1:06 AM

file_24272.jpg

Ok. I have just purchased the Virtual Forest Min Pack 4 but the following error sometimes occurs on imported 3ds and objs. I load one of the trees in to a blank scene... just to test it. If I render this in the MAIN Window, it renders fine but you can't save it... If I render in a new WINDOW, it becomes garbaged and crashes out.. I can't save the image to show you but.. it starts rendering and then bums out with vertical lines I took a capture to show you what I mean. Any ideas of a fix for this?

jenay ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 6:43 AM

i had this problem sometimes on my old pc. it occured when poser runs out of memory, i think. the rendering starts from the bottom ok - than it crashes - and the last rendering line is repeated to the top. when i had many textures loaded, or very big scenefiles, or a very large (>1000x1000 pixel) render window. on my new pc i have now problems up to now. joe

poseschool ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 6:54 AM

ermmm... odd this then... I've 350 meg of memory and I'm just rendering a single tree.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 7:50 AM

Does the render stop? The only times I've seen those lines are when I try to scroll in the new window while Poser is rendering. Usually nothing happens, untill the rendering is done but sometimes I can create something that looks like this. However the rendering doesn't stop, and it finishes the pic just fine, so if yours actually stops it's gotta be something else :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

geep ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 8:21 AM

Yup! What ernyoka1 said! ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

poseschool ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 8:23 AM

Hi, Yep it gets to a certain point and then 'zoom', just shows those vertical lines. No I am not scrolling in the window. It actually freezes the render.... the little animated man dies and it doesn't finish the render. Ok I have 350 meg of memory, Poser 4.03 patched and I haved rendered complicted scenes plenty of times, but this is happening on all the trees in the mini pack I have just bought and it also happens occasionally with 3ds and objs files I import. Hence I'm stuck on ideas here.... I was wondering if I needed the Pro Pack or something, but there was no mention of that when I bought the forest mini pack and I can't think of why it would happen with imported items. Help or a fix for this would be appreciated...

geep ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 8:32 AM

"If I render this in the MAIN Window, it renders fine but you can't save it..." Yes you can, (with the use of another graphics prog. ie, PSP, MS Paint, or other) Then .... Poser [menu] "Edit" ---> "Copy Picture" Go to the other prog and do a "paste" into a new image. cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

poseschool ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 8:39 AM

geep Yeah, but you don't get a full sized rendered image, just whatever size you have your workspace set. I want to know why it's doing this really.

geep ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 9:06 AM

Try this. Take the "object" that causes the crash ... Export it. Delete the one in the studio. Import the one you exported. Try to render it. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

poseschool ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 9:26 AM

Geep... Your solution worked perfectly... Loaded the prop Exported as a wavefont.obj Deleted the prop Imported back in as wavefront.obj Applied the texures... BINGO..... rendered perfectly. Now the question is, what in the hell caused a Purchases set of props to do this? Do you think simply corrupt .rsr files?

poseschool ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 9:43 AM

Spoke to soon... it worked on one of them but not the others... very weird

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 12:21 PM

I don't think the trees are badly built. I've been working on an animation using some of those VirtualForest trees, in Poser 4.03 PP, for the last few days. (In fact, finished a rendered animation just before coming online right now.) No problems at all.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

geep ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 12:23 PM

Did you ..... export ... delete ... import ... ... with the other props? BTW - the .rsr is only a thumbnail pic. A corrupt .rsr should not make any difference, but .... ? A "funny" .pp2 file can do some VERY interesting things! Have you contacted the vendor and asked this question? Try the "export-imporrt" thing and then "save" newly imported prop back to the props library (use a different name) then reload the "new" one from props library and try your render again.. Find something that works, then do it for each individual prop with nothing else in the studio. cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

poseschool ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 1:42 PM

Geep. Yep contacted the Vendor and not had a reply yet. Tried renaming it... Tried exporting both to '3ds' and 'obj'... then deleting the old prop and then importing. It has worked on the last tree prop only which is the most complicated one of the lot. Updating my graphics drivers to see if that works... Cheers Geep. Not having much luck here.

poseschool ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 2:21 PM

WOO WOOO!! Like to say FIXED! Afterall that **ing around LOL... it was the damn graphics driver problem. Updated the Geforce drivers and bingo - perect render in seconds. Want to say thanks to all you guys who tried to help and especially to fdisk who suggested the driver fix... Cheers all... I can get some work done at last.

geep ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 8:43 PM

Glad you found it. (now why didn't i think of that?) One can not say enough about keeping software up-to-date. ... especially video drivers. :o) cheers, dr geep ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.