Sat, Sep 21, 9:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:40 pm)

Subject: a star wars related challenge... rather large image included

sixus1 ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 5:43 PM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 3:34 PM

Attached Link: SEBULBA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

file_123867.jpg

Hello all, My challenge is this: while i can build poser ready figures, alas, my time has been diverted of late to the point that i am no longer able. However, I have just finished the model seen here of Sebulba from episode one. This model is HUGE but i think would make an excellent poser peice. It would require an mtl statement genius to peice it together so the textures could work. Anyway, the model was built in Max 3 and weighs in at around 35 meg (textures included). Anyone interested in "posing" this puppy, reply right here or email contrast@gte.net. later folks

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 5:49 PM

Awesome figure but I cant help a bit ... Not a tech person at all ..

Quikp51 ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 6:21 PM

Are you the one who kept upping in progress pics to the SWMA?....If so then this has come along quite nicely. Even if you're not that person this still rocks!

Hokusai ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 7:40 PM

I would lov to and I can se how to do it, but 35 megs is just TOO big for poser on my 400MHZ 126 MEG PII. Ist probably too big for eevn the new gig machines, P. Hoksuai

ScottA ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2000 at 10:42 PM

Not only that Phil. If it's 35 meg as a .3ds file. It will almost certainly grow even larger when converted to an .obj file! If I tried to open that file on my computer. It would run around the couch. Shed it's cover. And spit RAM chips at me ;-). ScottA

victimorcrime ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2000 at 12:08 AM

I have a plug-in for max 2.5 that will allow it to export as an .obj , I would imagine that max 3 & 3.1 have a plug-in that would do the same. God I wish I could create something that turns out that well. Incredible work.

LoboUK ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2000 at 5:05 AM

Damn I'd love to have a go at that but at 35Mb it would choke my system totally. Even if you use the HABware OBJ exporter, this file is going to be just too big for anyone without a megamassive system and several bucketfuls of RAM Paul

ohman ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2000 at 7:42 AM

This is really amazing work! /Ohman

SewerRat ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2000 at 7:28 AM

WOW! at first I thought this was an ILM render and you wanted someone to make a poser model of it..and I was just thinking "as if anyone would have the skill" - I'm just breathless! wow! TEACH ME TEACH ME TEACH ME! (ok, I can dream) SewerRat

sixus1 ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2000 at 7:49 AM

Thanks for the kind words folks. This model took about four days to build, roughly 40 hours of work all told. When i mentioned the file size, that was included the referenced image maps, of which none were smaller than 600x400 resolution, with many of them as much as twice that size. For those interested, the primariy mode of modeling was straight mesh using continual applications of the Meshsmooth modifier in Max3 and Max3's new NURMS system. I took progress shot throught the modeling process and will eventually do a tutorial or write up of some sort on the model's creation if the interest in the model merits it. Within the next couple of days I should be able to post this up to an FTP site which I will announce here. Thanks again for the kind word people. Keep modeling!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.