Fri, Sep 20, 3:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Is Anyone Else Experiencing This Poser 5 Problem?

buck ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 8:43 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 10:54 PM

file_24276.jpg

Is This a Poser 5 Bug?

I get the above results by doing the following steps:
-Start Poser 5
-Load Poser 5 figure "Judy Nude HiRes"
-Load Poser 5 clothing item "P5WomanCatSuit"
-Conform Catsuit to Woman
-Remove IK for Woman's Right and Left legs
-Y Rotate the Woman's body +180 degrees

The Catsuit mesh deforms, material from the back protruding out the front (Refer to abovr screen capture).

This happens with both Male and Female figures and any item
of clothing that conforms to the hip area.

I have reported it to CL, but would like to know if others have run into this or if it's something I'm doing.

Thanks,
Buck

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 8:47 AM

have you tried removing IK from her legs before you add the catsuit? just a thought :)

buck ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 8:52 AM

Yep, I tried that. Same results.

MadYuri ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 8:59 AM

Oh joy, that is an old Poser 4 bug and it is still there in P5. :P

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 9:00 AM

which part of the body did you conform the catsuit to? I'm sure PhilC mentioned in another thread conforming to the hip is preferable to comforming to the body

Alchera ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 9:02 AM

Too many beans?

Eowyn ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 9:20 AM

I get that with all clothing items in P4. yRotate the figure to 180 degrees and the clothing item gets all screwed up. Nice to see the same bug is in P5 as well...

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 9:20 AM

Yes that "feature" has been with us from Poser 4. Try setting the rotation to 179.95

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 9:50 AM

ok I've just tried it & that's the first time I've seen any clothes do that, how strange, I changed it to 179.999 & it went back to normal. I was wrong about it before, it's nothing to do with the conforming at all.

Mason ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 12:02 PM

It happens in P4 as well. For some reason sometimes conformed clothes go wacky. Try grabbing the hip of the suit and slightly rotate it. Sometimes that snaps it back into place.

buck ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 6:53 PM

Well I'll be damned! All the Poser 4 scenes I've done and I never experienced this! I just now opened Poser 4, and there it was! One big difference though... with Poser 5 it starts deforming at around 16 degrees of rotation and gets progressively worse as 180 degrees is approached. CL has accepted this as a bonafide problem. Sure hope they get this fixed in their "patch", as it's really ugly. Thanks to all for your insights, Buck

buck ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 9:09 AM

Just to wrap this up (since I started the thread), I have found a workaround for this... just bring up the clothing item's Hip proprties and uncheck "Bend". Haven't tried it on Poser 4, but I'll bet it'll work there also. Buck

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.