Thu, Sep 19, 9:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Poser 5 serial number in Vue?

ggrace ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 2:48 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:45 PM

Vue 4 reports that the poser 5 serial number is not corect. This prevents me from importing Poser PZ3 files. Has any one found a work around? I have the latest version of Vue and use win 2000 prof.

audity ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2002 at 6:36 PM

Hi,

Unless I missed the latest news, VUE 4 doesn't support POSER 5. That's the reason why your serial number is not accepted.
A few VUE users have managed to load POSER 5 contents in VUE 4, they will maybe help you to find a work around.

Eric

genny ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 1:24 PM

Well, I just tried it, and "Yes" the files will upload, but ONLY, if you did not, "Uninstall" Poser4. I didn't, only because my time is limited, and I have enough frustrations in my life, and I Wanted, something, that I could, Fall back on. I know Poser4, enough to be comfortable, but Poser 5??? Even though, the files, (all my poser files, in fact) NOW, say or depict the Poser5 icon, it does work. Just don't, un-install, Poser4, and I think you will be OK! (: Genny

merknz ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 4:52 AM

Yep agreed, Poser5 is fine for me because it still just reads the PZ3 file .. but if you have moved or removed your Poser4 executable file (on the PC) then you'll have some issues. I dont think its Vue not supporting Poser5 (because it just imports the file format rather then any interaction with Poser) but rather CL changed the serial number system and E-on havn't (or may not) update their own engine to support it. My2c

s15ter ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 6:18 AM

well i waited so long for poser five!!!!! i still have poser 4 on my system, but it still will not upload. i am a new user, so please any advice is very welcome.

merknz ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 6:33 AM

If you have Poser4 on your system already, then just install Poser 5 in a different directory (C:Poser 5 by default) then you can map the library to your old Poser4 content Good old Vue won't even know the difference.. it will continue to look at the old Poser4 file for your license key. I have Vue 4, Poser 4 and Poser 5 on my D: drive and its all fine. (of course being a PC guy myself I dont know about Mac users but I imagine the concept is still the same)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.