Tue, Oct 22, 8:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: Unwanted animation frames

Nebula ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 4:52 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:24 AM

Hello, As I am posing a figure and moving the camera around to get angles in which to see, I look down to see that the animation counter has moved. I have not selected it or done anything purposely to move it. The irritating thing is that when you move it back to 0, your pose changes. This happens in both Poser 4 and 5. My questions are first, why is it incrementing the frame counter and recording my pose changes and second, is there a way to save a pose setting for like the feet and high heel shoes so that when you load a new pose it doesn't change the bend of the toes in the shoe? I spend time getting that set and then load an new pose and it goes all whacked. I understand why, just want to know if there is a way to stop it from happening. I just finished spending about an hour and a half posing the hands to hold a gun and saved it and everything. Then when I went to animate the camera movements, the fingers were all screwed up. AAAA! :) Thanks! Nebula

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 5:11 PM

The lock actor option under the Object menu may help you in this. There are also more options under the figure menu.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

nerd ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 5:16 PM
Forum Moderator

You bay be bumping the right arrow key. That increments the frames. You wouldn't notice it either. The new frames would contain the previous frames poses. To fix this get into the Anim Pallet and Add a key to all elememts for the current frame. Now drag a box around that frame. Drag the frame to frame 1. Drag a box around frame 2 and up. Delete all the other keys. To keep it from happening, Click the animation range box (Usually set to 30) and type in 1. Poser asks if you want to delete frames, answer yes. You can save this as your preferred state in Edit > Prefs... ngsmall02.gif
The Nerd

nerd ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 5:19 PM
Forum Moderator

Oh, second question, For the hands, Figure > Lock Hand parts. For the feet... You'll have to save that as a subset pose. ngsmall02.gif
Where's my Coffee

Nate ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 5:33 PM

You should probably use the Aux(illary) or Posing camera to look at your image. Every time you move the main camera, another key frame is created for the camera. The auxillary/posing camera is made for what you are doing. you then return to the main camera which remains in the same position and at the same frame where you are working. The other tips about locking actors are good also.

On-line portfolio / Making figurines in China / Gallery  / Video Demos

Nebula ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 6:37 PM

Excellent ideas! Thanks. I espically like Nerd's setting the animation range to 1. Such a simple solution. I will also start using the Posing and Aux cameras from now on. Thanks so much to everyone! Doug

Nebula ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 6:40 PM

You know, as for the hands, I was kinda hoping I could take advantage of Collison Detection to get the hands to hold the gun properly. Can I tell Poser to stop a finger from bending once it touches the gun grip?

clearlaketaekwondo ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 8:17 PM

An answer and a question. 1) Yes, with collision detection you can get the finger to stop once it hits the gun ASSUMING both figures are "Collision Detection" compatible. I have been finding that collision detection doesn't work on all figures. 2) Let's say you have an animation with frames 1 to 400 and you want to delete frames 1-50. How do you do it? Deleting off the end is easy -- change the end counter. How do you delete frames from the beginning?? Mark

Nebula ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 8:33 PM

To delete eariler frames, highlight them in the keyframe editor using the mouse and press delete. At least that's how I've been doing it. I hope I understood your question properly. Doug

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 11:51 PM

I got something with mimic recently. The first frame or two were blown up and the last few frames had movement not in the speech. I know this isn't your question, just thought I'd share. I ditched the first few in Video Wave 5 which is what I use for stitching. I solved the last few by making sure there was no noise from the mike. Sounds like the answers to your question are already answered above. Best wishes and hope to see some stuff.

bloodsong ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 2:35 PM

heyas; if you're making still images, do this: run poser, then open the animation control drawer at the bottom, there. you'll see in the center it says frame 1 of 30 or some such. click on the 30 and make it say 1. close the animation drawer. go to edit: preferences, and press the "set preferred state" button. now every time you start poser, you'll have a single frame image, not an animation, and you can't advance into new frames, because there aren't any there.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.