Thu, Sep 19, 4:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:00 pm)

Subject: Has anyone had success with the flash exporter?

isomaster ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 2:22 PM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 3:43 AM

I have been tinkering all day trying to get a simple animation to export out in flash format (.swf) and no success. 1.) it won't render right, it looks like its rendering in some sorta toon shaded render instead of the real firefly type render. and 2.) I can't get the program to simply put out a .swf file, it exports but not the .swf. Is it me, or is this a bug in P5 Can anyone do a simple test and help me. Thanks, Cedric

ChristianB ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 9:45 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pmaonline.net/theater/sometimes.htm

Because Flash is a vector based tool the program will always render a "sorta toon shaded" render. That is what it is supposed to do. If you want a full render to play using a flash player you have to save the animation using one of the animated rendering codecs like an avi then convert it to a QuickTime file and import it into Flash MX.... I just ran a test in P5 and it seems to work as it always did. *Notice the "Flash Settings" in the lower left hand corner of the "Make Movie" dialog box.... this is where you establish the detail of the flash file. Notice the programs default is 4 colors. The more colors you add the more detail you will get and it quickly also increases the file size. Also _ Just so you don't get too excited... the swf's tend to be pretty large so you will have to be creative if you plan on using them on the web.... Here is an example of some flash files that I created in P4 http://www.pmaonline.net/theater/sometimes.htm You will see that I wasted a lot of time putting in nonsensical type things just to get to the couple of frames that I created using Poser. I hate preloaders and I try to avoid them as much as possible. Sorry about the rambling.... I hope this helps Christian

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.