Fri, Sep 20, 3:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: Looking for a MAT file maker program please.

jwkub ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 3:54 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:36 PM

Howdy all , I am looking for a program to help me quickly make MAT files for poser 4. Ive searched all over, and i keep on getting dead links : ( Is there any freeware out there, or recommendations for purchaseware. Thank you in advance, Jeff Happy Rendering!

lululee ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 4:32 PM

This is a totally awesome program. CR2edit at http://www.zenwareonline.com It makes MAT/MOR files, transfers morphs and loads of other things. It is really easy to use and saves loads of time. Check it out.

jelisa ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 5:01 PM

If you have ProPack or Poser 5, there is a free Python MAT pose file maker by Lourdes in freestuff.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 6:32 PM

There is a free one here in Freestuff called Mat Pose Edit. Also, there is a commercial one called Mat Pose Creator in the Marketplace.

lundon_Don ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 7:22 PM

jelisa, Have you tried Lourdes Python MAT with Poser 5? I think it came out under P4 and have read that P5 has a newer version of Python. I'd also like to know whether it takes into account all the new material "stuff" in P5. Don

jelisa ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 7:36 PM

Yes, I used Lourde's Python MAT pose file script the other day in Poser 5. Worked fine. It takes into account the same thing as it does in Poser 4. One thing you do have to remember about the MAT pose files in P5 is that the bump map will need to be loaded into the Gradient Bump node and not the Bump Map node in order for the MAT pose file to be created properly. Otherwise, you'll get a NO_MAP listing for the bump map. -darlsia

lundon_Don ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 8:20 PM

Great news, darlsia I'll have to try it this evening Don

JHoagland ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 11:24 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=5174

My MAT Pose Creator program is the best one out there. And I'm not just saying that because I made it. :-) Seriously, though, it is very easy to use and its interface is exactly like good-ole Poser 4's. It also comes with an incuded database of material and part definitions of all the P4 objects and most of the Mike and Vicky objects (so you don't have to File > Open or File > Import every time you want to make a MAT Pose). And, the most recent version of the program includes the material and part definitions for almost all of the Poser 5 figures. --John

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

markdc ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 9:23 PM

I did an update to Lourdes' script which adds a gui and it creates a thumbnail image when you create the mat. Also in freestuff.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.