Wed, Sep 18, 5:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:46 pm)

Subject: poser 5 uk up date

samcopcutt ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 6:18 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 6:01 PM

just to let you all know i got it 10.00am this morning.

saxon ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 6:29 AM

Lucky thing! Mine's still due August 28th, still processing. When did you order yours?

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 6:46 AM

I ordered mine on 22nd August & it arrived 45 minutes ago :) installed already just making sure I can still get to 'rosity without registering it

samcopcutt ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 7:15 AM

ordered 7th sept. but having a problem registering it, it telling me the info is wrong but i cant see it

saxon ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 7:19 AM

Maybe by the end of the week then, I live in hope....

idova ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:13 AM

you lucky devils, i ordered mine 4/sep just before they started to ship in america, and my order is also still processing and no email yet from CL that its been sent out :( it is starting to get a long wait, the renderosity issue 3 mag also seems to be (gulp) lost in the mail

lemur01 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:19 AM

To samcopcutt. Same here, I can't see what's wrong either! What's the word I'm looking for...? Frustrating...? No, not strong enough. Jack

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:30 AM

That registration thing is weird, I can't see what's wrong either, one good thing tho we haven't been cut off from the websites like 'rosity.

noggin ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:39 AM

Ordered mine on 24th (Aug) still waiting_ did you get a shipping e-mail? You've obviously had yours too c1rcle? I do live in Wiltshire of course so that may be the problem _ humpph.

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:59 AM

I got my email at 4.30 yesterday & my poser5 box at 12.00 today, been playing with the materials room for the last couple of hours, it works a lot like the materials lab in Bryce but it's much better :)

lemur01 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 9:12 AM

noggin, I live in Cumbria at the end of a thirty mile cul-de-sac and I got mine at 12:30 Jack

saxon ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 9:22 AM

OK, so they're not using date ordered or geographical location. I hope they're not using alphabetical order because I may never get mine, what other sort of logic could the Irish be using?

lemur01 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 9:30 AM

Irish? LOGIC?

RPS ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 10:06 AM

Got my version at 10.30am. Same problem - unable to register it.

narsil ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 10:40 AM

Nope still bugger all I'm in Wiltshire like Noggin and ordered on the 23rd August. Perhaps the Irish have something against Wiltshire (and Wales) PaulC

tbird10 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 10:50 AM

I suspect that it's alphabetical - I ordered Aug 24th and live in Bedford, still to get an e-mail - a little annoying to say the least. Stuart R

ziggy3d ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 11:07 AM

Me too nothing - hope it aint alphabetical im in the y's

rue ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 11:13 AM

Nada in London - ordered on the 26th and still "processing". Perhaps they're walking from Cumbria Rue

ziggie ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 11:25 AM

Hope they don't use alphabetical order by Christian names... mine is Zeigfreid :(

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

jarm ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 11:44 AM

I called Upgrades Unlimited this morning, now due in September 28th.

isaacnewton ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 11:47 AM

I pre-ordered mine on 24th August and still have an expected delivery date of 28th August! I don't have a tracking number yet. If they are not using a "first come, first served" basis for deliveries, then I think it is very unfair. If they had said in the first place... "You can make your pre-order now but it won't make diddly squat difference to when you get your copy!" ... then I would not have bothered to pre-order. However, in good faith, I made my pre-order directly with CL to give them advance warning of likely demand and also "firm orders" numbers to wave at the blood suckers.... er I mean Bank Managers, and also to cut out the middle man and so increase their profit margin! I feel quite let down by the fact that I still don't have a tracking number! In future, I won't order directly from CL unless they a) guarantee that they have the product in stock, and b) state that they will use a fast and reliable delivery service.

lemur01 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 11:48 AM

If it's any help, I ordered mine on the 22nd. Jack

saxon ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 12:01 PM

I'm beginning to wish I'd ordered from Computers Unlimited if they're guaranteeing September 28th, (they're usually pretty good). Curious' Irish office couldn't be doing it alphabetically could they? Oh, look another 'A' just ordered, well back to the beginning again.....

isaacnewton ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 12:07 PM

No help. But you must feel even more annoyed! This whole fiasco could have been avoided if CL had given us a choice of shipment methods. The extra costs would have been ours not theirs. They would gain from having satisfied customers, we would gain from getting our product much much sooner! CL...will you be doing things differently in future?

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 12:10 PM

it'll be worth the wait :)

narsil ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 12:11 PM

Well we can always look on the bright side of life(cue for a song?)
We all probably be in the position of downloading the service pack before we get our little bundles of joy.

I do feel that CL could have implemented a "first come, first served" basis

At least we would all know where we were.

PaulC

noggin ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 12:22 PM

Is that a promise c1rcle? Pleased you compare the materials room favourably with Bryce. I reckon its one of Bryce's strongest features once you're 'in to it' so I'm quite excited to find out what P5 has to offer.

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 12:31 PM

I've never been able to get the hang of Bryce's materials lab but the poser version is so easy to use, so far the blending node is the best, you can blend 2 textures together, then take 2 more blend them, then blend the blends together to get a whole new texture, i'm not sure how many you could use before poser blows a fuse but it's fun finding out :)

saxon ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 12:36 PM

Well true, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait and it'll arrive eventually....

noggin ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 12:43 PM

I've just checked my 'status' at CL_ I'm officially shipped_ but no e-mail yet! Is that false hope?? Skips about study barely able to contain excitement. :-)))

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 12:54 PM

I ordered 24th, my status is still in progress. If its alphabetical I should have been quite early as I am a D. And I am in London, its not a difficult place to find.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

isaacnewton ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 12:55 PM

Yeah, mine says "shipped" too. However, it still says expected delivery 28th August! Yeah, so which do I believe.... hmmmm now let me think.... oh yes, I know... Neither of them!

GaryNH ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 12:58 PM

Just checked the staus of my order.... shipped, but no email yet... hope they tell me when so I can be at home.. Out job hunting, Im redundant from Friday, so have to get a job to pay for the damn thing now...

narsil ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 1:02 PM

Yup checking on my status it says shipped too- but to where? paranoia strikes deep after this long.....

saxon ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 1:09 PM

ME TOOOOOOOO ! I've just been shipped Yippeeeee!

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 1:10 PM

you'll get them tomorrow, I got my email about this time yesterday :)

lemur01 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 2:07 PM

And we are registered and up and running! Jack

samcopcutt ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 2:26 PM

so much for the reg part being easy, but i got there in the end. i was hoping to up grade my memory before poser got here ,it's running ok on 128 just a bit slow. another job for the weekend.what would i do without visa.

ziggy3d ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 2:55 PM

No e-mail, no nothing, starting to think they have lost my order for the 2nd time.

BrianR ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 5:15 PM

No email...still shows processing...still getting increasingly p***ed off as the days pass...I pre ordered on 3/9...I have no idea how they are prioritising these shipping dates, it seems like names out of a hat now. I think if there ever is a version 6 I'll wait til everybody has a copy before I order or I won't bother ordering direct next time...groan groan...sorry, the frustration is creeping in now.

almck1@hotmail.com ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 5:58 PM

I just checked. It says shipped but aint had an e-mail yet just hope its not a false alarm. Fingers crossed (and legs too I'm still pissed over this) Alex

samcopcutt ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 6:54 PM

to almck@hotmail.com i got shipped then they sent e-mail 4 hours later, you can have fun with that until you get poser as they add all the times and places to it along the way ;0)

womble ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 4:54 AM

I ordered mine on the 8th of September. Still nothing in London. Womble

GARYNH1 ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 8:39 AM

Its nearly 48 hours since the staus of my order changed to "Shipped" and still no e-mail....... not getting paranoid or anything.....

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 8:42 AM

Might be a good idea to email them, my order status changed Tuesday morning, I got my email at 4.30pm on Tuesday, by yesterday at 12.00 I had poser5 in my hands.

DarrenUK ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 8:54 AM

The shipped status thing could be a mistake. I checked their site about 7:30 am GMT and it told me that my copy had shipped, it's now nearly 3:00 pm GMT and I still haven't got an email from them. If it isn't a mistake they'll probably send the bl**dy tracking number after posers been delivered!

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

narsil ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 9:12 AM

I emailed Curious International about the "shipped but no tracking order" - they seemed as mystified as me. Half an hour later my Poser 5 is at Dublin. I suppose I'll receive it tomorrow. "It must be Thursday -I could never get the hang of Thursdays" Arthur Dent Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

narsil ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 9:42 AM

By the way Any joy Saxon or Noggin?? PaulC

almck1@hotmail.com ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 11:13 AM

Got the e-mail five mins ago. :)). Said it was at Dublin with the destination Heathrow, so hope I'm lucky and get P5 tomorrow

almck1@hotmail.com ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 11:13 AM

Got the e-mail five mins ago. :)). Said it was at Dublin with the destination Heathrow, so hope I'm lucky and get P5 tomorrow

BrianR ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 11:31 AM

Well I decided to give them a hurry up & emailed them...not holding my breath on a reply today but worth a shot I suppose.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.