Fri, Sep 20, 9:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: 10 Minute Challenge

Kixum ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 1:24 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:00 AM

file_23566.jpg

Ok, Give this one a spin! -Kix

-Kix

Kixum ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 1:29 AM

Hmmm, I guess it's been a little while since we did one of these. What you're supposed to do is recreate the image or model in your own way without burning hours and hours on it. It can really help you learn if you're a beginner. I did this in about 20 minutes. Push yourself, have fun, and post your image in this thread! -Kix

-Kix

cckens ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 11:12 AM

file_23567.jpg

OK, Kix, here the first of two, just with an added extra in the second. I'll explain more in the next post. Ken

cckens ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 11:14 AM

file_23568.jpg

Once again, here's the second. The difference is the internal glass has an object that is also transparent and has a fluid-like index of refraction. But I hate those lines! Is it just a property of the refractions or what do you think? Ken ![dork.gif](http://www.renderosity.com/~carrara/emoticons/dork.gif)

Kixum ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 12:54 PM

I'm pretty sure it's refractions of the top and bottom parts of your model showing up in the glass. My water/glass is only one object. Cool renders! -Kixcooldude.gif

-Kix

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 2:16 PM

Great work! Now when do we get to see the lava lamps animation? There must be some really heavy-duty physics there.

ashley3d ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 5:52 PM

file_23569.jpg

Well here is my first attempt at the ten minute challenge. Okay, it really took longer then ten minutes, but I had to add the Barney Thingy Lava. Do I still get a cookie?

ppowellaa ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2002 at 4:51 PM

file_23570.jpg

This is mine, wanted some light with it, took only about 30 min initialy, but kept tinkering with it with little improvement over the original. This was a nice break!

Kixum ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 1:35 AM

Everybody gets cookies! These all look super great! -Kix

-Kix

pc_artist ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 6:33 PM

great work people..

==================================

" The Only Limit is your imagination "

==================================

PAGZone ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 1:13 AM

Look great. Wish I had time to play too. ;-( Oh well cheers to all. Kix, do you think the lava lamp would be a good learning tutorial? Regards, Paul

Kixum ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 2:37 PM

I'm sure it would be. I've made some upgrades to mine already. I was going to do a sword tutorial. I'll see which one I can finish up first. -Kix

-Kix

AzChip ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 11:18 AM

Very cool stuff! Good to see the short challenges still popping up! I really wish I had C or RDS on my machine here at work -- it's really too much of a hastle to get evrything together and move it to this machine, particularly since the Mac and the VAIO (both of which have C on them) have NO FLOPPY DRIVE.... Ugh. Anyway.... Good work, everyone!

PAGZone ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 11:22 AM

Yeah, sometimes that no floppy thing can be a pain in the arse.... Do what I do and email your files to your home email. It is a pain but it works. Regards, Paul

DLDavis ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 3:53 PM

file_23571.jpg

I am a rank beginner in Carrara. However, I had fun trying to make the Lamp model. I am not at all sure how to approach creating the liquid filler for the glass. I also cannot create a directional light for the interior. Any help wouild be appreciated. Thanks! David

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 12:32 PM

Looks good DL I like your glass texture! You know I don't have C2 yet but I'm curious if metaballs can have physics applied to them? Doubt it..lol but who knows? Brian

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.