Fri, Sep 20, 9:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: P5 Hair question from someone who does not yet possess it...

Valandar ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 1:26 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:50 AM

I would like a definitive, accurate answer to 3 questions... 1) Can P5 strand-based hair be given a NEGATIVE gravity value? 2) Can a Wind warp be parented to a body part, and saved with the figure to simulate this if the answer is "no" ? 3) Can a Wind warp be set to only include certain hair groups, or does it affect them all? Please, I would highly appreciate these answers, and my deepest thanks to whoever can answer all three!

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

steveshanks ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 3:38 PM

answer to 1 is yes i did it by mistake LOL.....the rest i'm not at yet ;o)......Steve

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 7:15 PM

heyas; how did you do it, steve??? well, some of us might want to do it on purpose! the wind works pretty much like any other prop, so i expect you can parent it and save it with a figure. the last question is a good one; i'll put it on my list of p5 hair and cloth questions that need answering.

Valandar ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 7:16 PM

Pwease? Pwetty pwease? And thank you, steve! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Valandar ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 7:20 PM

Bloodsong: You thinking what I'm thinking, the concept that sparked these questions?

Valandar ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 10:35 PM

Anyone?

Vitzer ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 11:39 PM

I found you can parent the wind deformer to any object or body part, point it at any actor as well, just like any other object in Poser. I didn't try saving it into a cr2 though. The wind deformer only affects objects that have dynamic properties, i.e. cloth and hair. And yes, SteveShanks is right, you can apply a inverted gravitational force. Interestingly, the gravitational force is dialed in with a negative number equalling a higher gravitational value. That makes sense, in Poser's XYZ space, lowering an object to the ground is a negative "Y" movement. You can't blow a vase off a table with a high wind force.

Valandar ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 12:12 AM

What I meant was: Can you make Poser 5 Strand based hair float up instead of fall down, as if in anti-gravity? And can you cause a Wind Deformer to only affect one specific item that has dynamics turned on? As in, five items in the scene have dynamics turned on, but you have a specific item that is the only one affected by a specific Wind deformer present in the scene, and ignored by all the others?

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 9:12 AM

file_25037.jpg

Yes to all. The image has wind force parented to the head, with the left side of the picture having a hair sgent with the force applied (the hair should be straight down). The hair to the right of the image has a gravity value of 4. You may want to tweek the hair pose to get a true anti gravity effect, but this works pretty good. I didn't have collisions turned on, so it ain't the best render on the block.

Vitzer ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 9:37 AM

The wind deformer seems to effect everything in the scene with dynamic properties enabled. But the wind deformer has some easy controls for the angle, the distance, the turbulence and the strength of the force, so I was easily able to isolate the wind to effect just the hair, but not a tablecloth right next to the hair. Experimenting is fun!

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 3:44 PM

heyas; okay, WHERE are you guys finding this hair gravity setting? are you talking about the initial 'down' and 'back' dials? also, HOW do you make a wind force thing, er, blow? it adds to a scene like a magnet, so i was thinking it would work right away (like a magnet), but mine don't seem to do anything. yes, i'm working with dynamic things. do you have to run a simulation to get the wind to blow? how do you put hair in a cloth simulation?? this wind force thing needs instructions!

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 3:55 PM

bloodsong, The hair settings are all in the hair room. The down and back dials are under the Growth Controls (section 2). The gravity setting is under section 4, Dynamics controls. You can select a hair group, and press the Calculate Dynamics button to get the hair to blow with a wind force object. The wind force object is loaded from the menu from "Object" (right under the Create Magnet/Wave/Spotlight options). Hope this helps. Email me if you have any more questions! Jim

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.