Tue, Oct 22, 10:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: Am I playing with Electric Barbie Dolls!?

jerr3d ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 7:06 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:00 AM

Having gotten a new computer, I have been loading up all my Vicki stuff, her clothes, her shoes, her hair... And I had this thought... AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!! nevermind.

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 7:26 PM

yes. you only now just noticed? do you want a therapist? ;)

VirtualSite ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 7:36 PM

And wait till you get Midge and Ken and Allan and Tracey and.....

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 7:40 PM

Poser seems to be often derided as virtual Barbie software, at least in some 3DCG circles. Bloodsong, what's the number of that therapist? :)

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

lmacken ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:00 PM

I think if your one of the twelve animators, then it's electric action figures. =)

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:01 PM

"Your stupid brains! Stupid! Stupid!!" Hee hee. Saw that this afternoon. I really do need the number of that therapist....

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

jerr3d ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:02 PM

I think perhaps I am the "Ed Wood" of Poser Animators!

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:06 PM

Wow, not only that, but my posts are travelling backwards in time! I posted number six in response to number seven, which I obviously could not have read unless it was already posted.... Umm.

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:09 PM

They're NOT DOLLS! They're "Action Figures", damn it! I've never played with a doll in my entire life! They're "Action Figures" I tell you!

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:27 PM

"You people of the Earth are idiots!" Tor Scarab

Man O' War ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:40 PM

Yes, and it gets worse! All this effort towards creating the real world in 3d in photorealism, well guess what, buy a camera, a scanner, and a copy of photoshop and do it on the cheap and in one third the time. The only and I mean the only saving grace about 3d is animation, movement through time and space, but so few realize this. manowar

shadowcat ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:42 PM

My hubbie & I often have this discussion 1. GI joe IS a doll 2. if GI joe is not a doll, then barbie is not a doll 3. poser is a little bit more than digital dolls... Poser is a whole friggin' playground.

wgreenlee1 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 8:45 PM

This post gets five stars!!! *****

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 9:39 PM

yes that is exactly what we are doing.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

herr67 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 9:51 PM

I always thought that it was PAPER Dolls

Bobasaur ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 9:57 PM

file_25064.jpg

One of my best birthdays at the office was when a friend created a Barbie Doll Birthday Cake for me. The ball gown was cake covered with icing. The bustier was icing. The little whip in her hands was real.

She was not CG. If you think about it, most of Hollywood's most famous and richest plastic surgeons have been playing with Barbie Dolls, too.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 10:03 PM

well, lets see, they start out nekkid, then they get dressed, then the arms and legs moved into different positions, then we play with mimic and pretend they are moving right. Yup, sounds like an electronic doll to me. Wanna have some fun? I was testing mimic with judy and didn't give even a second thought to my voice until I saw her lips moving in the animation with my barratone voice. Yeah, I need that therapist number too.

jerr3d ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 10:07 PM

ROFLMAO ! Bobasaur, the expression on your face says it all!

jerr3d ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 10:11 PM

EricofSD "...my voice until I saw her lips moving in the animation with my barratone voice." stop stop, it hurts to laugh so hard!

Bobasaur ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2002 at 10:32 PM

Jerr3d, She threatened me! OK, I admit it. I liked it.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Kendra ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 12:41 AM

My mom used to make those doll cakes. ;)

Last year I was walking through Toy's R Us for my daughters birthday and (of course) was in the Barbie section. As I was looking at all the clothes I could buy, the different Barbies and the houses, hot tubs, cars...... I was laughing at the similarities. :)

But if you men want to call them action figures......

:)

...... Kendra

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 12:50 AM

file_25065.jpg

Who needs Mimic???!!! Sorry .. couldn't resist. 8^P Marque

thip ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 12:57 AM

Just like all those Formula 1 racers - those guys are still playing with toy cars ;o)

geep ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 2:51 AM

What happens when you pull the ring? (I hAD to ask.) ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

VirtualSite ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 3:20 AM

the different Barbies And just like Vicky's hundreds of "characters", no matter how "different" they may be, at the end of the day they're still just Barbie...

steveshanks ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 3:21 AM

love it marque ROFLMAO...Steve

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 5:00 AM

Just my version of Mimic...heh Marque

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 6:47 AM

Playing with dolls? Yes, and why not? Don't need no stinkin' therapist! - It's on a computer. - Therefore it's TECHNICAL - So it's cool to do it. - QED :-D

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 6:49 AM

And I'm certain that Ken has more clothes than Mike does. :-)

Bug ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 7:18 AM

Infidels; we are not playing; it's called digital anatomical engineering or software biometric motion analysis or even just organismic visual simulation. All this effort towards creating the real world in 3d in photorealism, well guess what, buy a camera, a scanner, and a copy of photoshop and do it on the cheap and in one third the time Anyone here been able to convince a friend lately to model nekid in a temple. Besides, Vickey sure seems alot more flexible then siss old Barbies.

steveshanks ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 7:26 AM

might be able to persuade them to do it Bug, but getting permission to show thousands of folks the image might be the problem LOL......Steve

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 8:22 AM

hmmm.... My other half calls the comoyter and all my Poser stuff "toys".... Of course, the fact that I use the images when I build web sites for clients has nothing to do with it. I expect he got the idea when I opened an email from Steve at ren and Steve at PoserWorld with a great big update, and I shouted "Its Christmas! Its Christmas!" and started downloading like a madman.

soulsong ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 10:04 AM

Of course it's like playing with Barbie dolls! After all, when speaking of an unmorphed, untextured, bald, naked Victoria, what terminology do we use? "Vicky right out of the box." And Poser gives me all the joy and excitement missing from life since I stopped getting Barbie things under the tree at Christmas. grin Barbie...in a GOOD way. :)))))

kittykatz100 ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 11:35 AM

wait till our kids start playing with programs like these to (dare i say...)replace (oh gasp nnoooo) barbie? oh the humanity!!!!!!!! and i dont have kids yet...

Desdemmonna ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 11:59 AM

Heh, good thing my partner doesn't read the boards here! The reason I started playing with Poser at all was because he got tired of me dragging him into the computer room every few moments to show him the latest KISS doll I had found :) He looked around and found Poser 4 stuff. Thinking it was a game of some sort, he got the darned thing...and his poor debit card has never known peace since! After all the money invested on 'virtual doll' stuff...he wishes he had just bought me a damned Barbie :p

3-DArena ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 1:00 PM

My daughter sings when using Poser (well she's 9) "I'm a Poser Girl in a Poser World, You can give me hair... bend me anywhere...."

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 1:20 PM

I only play with 'Electronic Dungeons and Dragons' here!!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 3:35 PM
  • wanders by, glances at Marque's pic, pulls ring * "Math is hard!" * drops doll in disgust and incinerates it *

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 3:50 PM

lol! just talk to me; i'm the therapist. i'll listen, but first send me a hefty check.... ;)

geep ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 4:17 PM

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

milamber42 ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 8:48 PM

Now all we need is a wav file!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.