Sat, Sep 21, 2:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Suggestions? Comments?

TheVelvetFoxx ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 9:14 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:29 AM

file_24856.gif

I call this "Stairway to Heaven". It's not an entry for the challenge, just something I'd like feedback on. I'm not quite happy with it, so less than positive comments won't bother me. Thanks for looking!

Battleangel21 ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 10:37 PM

looks cool. how about extending the stairway a little farther up? just a thought. i do like the reflection off the pillars though.

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 12:29 AM

It's a little to straight on - play with the camera angle?

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 5:42 AM

Nice Pic, I agree with camera angle and more stairs, maybe put a cloud plane or a torus with volumetric cloud texture up high on the top stairs.

Tintifax ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 6:45 AM

I think you should try to get more depth. I'm not a Bryce expert, but you could try to work with haze in the atmosphere tools...

Trouble ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 8:10 AM

Nice concept and I agree with all the comments above. How about making the angle of the stairs steeper so they appear to go up more than back?

TheVelvetFoxx ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 9:47 AM

Fantastic suggestions! Thanks folks. This was a test render so it definately needs some work. I did play with the haze and fog - had more success with the fog. I thought about twisting the stairs a few degrees too. Funny how experiements turn out. Those posts actually belong to a staircase I'm modeling as part of a Victorian house. Next thing I know, I'm playing with clouds! Well, I'm off suggestions in hand, to do some tweaking. Thanks again all!

MikeArizma ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 10:01 AM

What I might do with this would be to let the stairs climb much higher, possibly causing them to curve, maybe doing an 'S' curve, as it goes off into the hazy distance. Using Edit/Multi-replicate feature will bring up the window for just that sort of work. Besides, it's fun to test different values here, to make objects spiral off in any direction. Just add a number of repeats and small degree numbers for X, Y and Z changes, using from one to three of these values in different ways. The resulting numbers of repeated objects might not look right as you experiment, but they will be highlighted after enacting them. That way, if you don't like what you get, just delete them. The original shape will not be highlighted and will remain where it was.

Nukeboy ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 8:06 PM

My $0.02? Make the objects much larger so that the camera's scale is very small in comparison. Place the camera low, near the foot of the stairs looking up (obviously). With the scene's scale so large, you can then make the camera's FOV much more narrow, giving you a far more dramatic feel, after all, it's the "Big Guy's" stairs and you know they gotta be killer...

TheVelvetFoxx ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 8:10 PM

LOL!!!!! Nukeboy - I think the "Big Guy" would approve...

Nukeboy ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2002 at 8:34 PM

Sure, Mel. Oh, wait. That was the Velvet Fog...

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 7:41 AM

Handrails would be nice.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.