Sat, Sep 21, 9:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Poser 5 reinstall

lostcar ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 2:04 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:10 AM

Anyone have to reinstall Poser 5 ? What can I expect should I back up runtime?

Lapis ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 2:18 PM

Yes I have had to reinstall Poser 5 due to a parsrer error which doesn't allow you to get back into the programm. Unless you fix the file problems connected with this error you will keep on having the problem. So in this case backing up a run time with file ccharacters that bring on this problem will only keep repeating the problem. Details of this error(bug) can be seen at Curious Labs site under FAQ Poser 5. Other bugs can also cause problems too. I'd back it up but be prepared to change file names etc or wait til Monday because they'll probably adress this particular bug seeing as it affects alot of 3rd party content.

lostcar ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 2:30 PM

Thanks for info Lapis do you have to get new code with reinstall?

Lapis ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 2:50 PM

Technically, I believe you're allowed 3 reinstalls before you need new code, yet I've read others in this forum have reinstalled many times(upwards from 6 0r 7) without needing new code. What an answer hey!!! I have a feeling that Curious Labs won't push the point on this one anyway. They're walking on eggshells right now as it is. Do you have alot of 3rd party content?

Jcleaver ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 3:04 PM

If it is re-installed on the same hard drive, it should not require a new code. Just use the one you previously saved.

MadYuri ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 3:10 PM

The 3 reinstalls apply to different computers. As long as you reinstall on the same computer you can do it as often as you like (with the same code).

lostcar ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 3:25 PM

Thank you all no not many having trouble with 3rd party batch render I think.

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 5:41 PM

One question: Does CL allow you to install it on more than one computer in the same household, or would I have to buy copies for each computer? Melanie

ronmolina ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 6:37 PM

Melanie You can install on more than one computer in a household but can only use one at a time. Ron

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 8:32 PM

Thanks, Ron. Melanie

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 10:47 PM

I reinstalled it on the same drive, same partition and did not have to do the activation a second time. And I thought the activation went smoothly the first time! ;-}~

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2002 at 10:48 PM

Oh, the runtime was just fine afterwards, although I did have to go back and delete some stuff that I'd deleted after the first P5 install. (The cartoon characters, for example.)

yarp ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 1:18 AM

Well, I need to move my P5 from Program Files to a dedicated folder I use for 3D applications and I forgot to do this when installing - maybe I was too much in a hurry ;). As I don't want to unsetup/setup again I'll see how P5 behaves in such a situation. I believe it'll be ok. Poser is a multi-platform application and though doesn't rely heavily on the registry.

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.