Tue, Oct 22, 6:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Looking For 1920s or 1930s Pannel Truck

macmullin ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 8:03 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:52 AM

I my travels through most 3d sites, I know I saw a free Panel Truck of the 1920s or early 1930s vintage. I have spent most of my day looking for this free item - but no show? Has any one see and know where I can pick it up. Another set of items I am also looking for is hand held garden tools, an archaeology rock hammer and dental tools. I have seen them but where!? Moreover, does Poser case alzheimer's - I am starting to wonder about this? :-)

c1rcle ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 8:10 AM

the garden tools I think can be found at Runtime Dna or Sams3d, the props Guild is another good place to try. The rest I've not seen, maybe Little Dragon will know where to look.

c1rcle ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 8:13 AM

I used to think poser might cause Alzheimers but I forget what I decided in the end ;)

Jackson ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 8:48 AM

Sams3D has an old truck, too. But I'm not sure of the year.

macmullin ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 9:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.discounttrainsonline.com/HO-Scale-Vehicles-Boats-and-Planes-Jordan-Miniatures/HO_VEC_360

Sams Truck is very nice but, I believe its from the 1950s and I already have one quite similar(Chev Truck 1956). What I find funny is one can purchase highly detailed dye-cast miniatures of almost every know wheeled vehicle for the last 150 years for model train hobbyists (link)- but you can't find (or buy) a 3D model of a 1920s Model T Ford Truck. lol Thank you c1rcle I found a spade (very helpful - one item off the list) but what I'm looking for really is the little hand held ones -like the ones you get down and work with on your hands and knees. Still no luck.

ockham ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 10:43 AM

Attached Link: http://briefcase.yahoo.com/occam24

Just for fun, I made a little spade...... Go to the link, find the Garden folder, and download spade.3ds. While you're rummaging around in my briefcase, locate the Hudson prop and take a look at it as well. See if a panel truck based on that body will serve your purposes. Hudson did in fact make car-based panel trucks in those years; I have pictures of them, and could quickly modify the rear body of this car.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

PabloS ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 4:00 PM

Attached Link: http://3dmodelworld.com/3dsmodels2.asp

How 'bout the one on this page? (it's about half way down the page)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 4:18 PM

De Espona has an Opel Blitz, a Zis 5 flatbed, and three Fords (1929, 1940, and 1950) at Turbo Squid in various formats (some textured). They're over $80 apiece, however.

PabloS ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 4:30 PM

20's panel truck, rock hammer, garden tools, ... DENTAL TOOLS!?! Visions of the scene in Marathon Man "dance" thru my head...only this is worse!

macmullin ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2002 at 9:15 AM

Thanks Pablo and Little Dragon for the sources. I already have a high detailed Model A and T Ford cars and the price is a little steep for the truck hotrod at Turbo. Perhaps I can stretch the back end of the model T and create a box - I will work it out thanks. by the way Pablo Marathon Man (good movie - shiver and the willies to boot) but Archaeologists in the field use these very strange tools on digs to help them remove artifacts carefully from the ground or rock.

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2002 at 3:41 PM

now that you mention it, I recall seeing 'em use dental tools on the discovery channel. I thought it was rather amusing how your list just seemed to "come together" :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.