Tue, Oct 22, 8:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: Need Info from Purchasers of the VersitileLongDress&Overdress

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 7:20 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:36 AM

Hi, I'm looking rather fondly at the MW Versitile Long Dress & Overdress by Catherine Todd over at Daz. I was wondering if anybody who has purchased it can answer my questions about it. Do the dresses sit and pose versitilly? (I don't think versitilly is spelled right :o) Ah well) If they don't sit, I'd like to just be prepared for it. I plan to buy them anyway, because I can make them sit myself. I just want to know what to expect. Can anyone tell me please? Thanks in advance.

Cin- ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 10:50 AM

The lower part of the dress doesn't pose that great... but that's normal for long dresses in Poser... It won't sit, and it doesn't like it if you move the legs in opposite directions... but again this is normal behaviour for a long dress in poser. The only dress I've seen that doesn't do this is Xena's Mayisha dress, and that's only because of all the morphs she added into the dress to accomodate movement. I can post images of the CT Long Dress if you want/need 'em :) It is a lovely dress though! I hope you plan on doing a texture pack for it!

pendarian ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 11:01 AM

Cin- I just got the dress and I'm thinking very seriously about making some textures for them :) I'll let ya know! Pendy

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 11:14 AM

Thanks Cin, for the information. I was thinking of doing a texture pack for it, but that's not the main reason I want it. I want it for myself, because I like that kinda thing. I now have the info I need and am going over to buy it. Thanks all for your replies.

pendarian ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2002 at 11:20 AM

Mab, I think you'll really like it :) The only thing I wish she would have added would have been the longer looser sleeves, but those can be easily enough postworked in. :) I was also very excited to see something like this come out..a bit more authentic :) Pendy

CryptoPooka ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 11:56 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=253950&Start=1&Artist=CryptoPooka&ByArtist=Yes

It seems to take some work to fit if there are any morph options used beyond the basic Vicky. That having been said ... I love it. I've got a dress like it in my closet, and did a texture to match it. Though the lower skirt is like most dresses and doesn't always cooperate in posing, it responds well to twisting and bending the parts over your pose. Surprisingly well, and causes some wonderful extra ripples. Texturing the skirt, just keep any adornments or patterns small, as they'll stretch.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.