Mon, Sep 9, 4:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Groups for Making Michael Morphs?

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 10:19 AM · edited Sun, 25 August 2024 at 9:12 PM

Hi. I'm on a Mac using Poser 4. I desperately want to expand Michael's morphing ability. The few Michael morph freebies, and what came with Michael "in the box" are just not enough. I don't have a way to edit Mike's mesh in an external 3D program, so I want to try using Magnets to create new morphs. I read on the MorphWorld site how to use groups with magnets for a more precise morph. Thinking it looked pretty easy, last night I used the group tool to make the following groups: Lips UpperLip LowerLip CenterUpperLip UpperLipCorners MidUpperLip Philtrum PhiltrumEdge I was pretty happy with the results. Grouping is cool once you get the hang of it. The only problem is, when I made a magnet with the head selected, there was no option to snap it to any of the groups I had just made. Does that feature only work on the Pro Pack??? :( Another thing I noticed, there were no preexisting groups listed in the Group Edit menu. Shouldn't there already be groups for Lips, Teeth, Inner Mouth, Eyes, etc.? The last thing I was wondering, is if someone has already made a Michael loaded with detailed groups that people can download. It seems like something very useful which might have already been created by someone (like the Michael seam guide). Does anyone know if there has been a detailed grouped Michael posted somewhere for download? Thanks for any help or suggestions you may have. =) bB

PilotHigh ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 10:43 AM

Hi Bast. Don't you remember back on July 5th I sent you all my groups and magnets for Mike's head: "M2 custom mags/groups.zip". You still have it don't you.

Basis3D ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 11:12 AM

PilotHigh, Any chance you could post it here in Free Stuff or email it to me? It sounds great!!! :-)

Poser 2010 • Poser 8 • MacPro Desktop • Quad-Core Intel Xeon • 10 GB • Snow Leopard • Windows XP 

PilotHigh ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 11:27 AM

I don't have a website at the moment but I guess I could send it if I knew your email address. IM me if you want or post it here.

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 3:10 PM

PilotHigh! Good to see you! =) I have a few embarrassing confessions to make. One, I got really frustrated and gave up right after I last talked to you. My machine was choking on Mike's large obj file and crashing. And to be honest, I really didn't understand what I was looking at when you sent the Mike Groups and magnets. After pouting and spending some away from Poser, I came to my senses and decided that I would be conquering Poser afterall. ;) I did some cleanup on my Mac to run Poser off Virtual Memory, so I'm back in operation somewhat and tackling the big bad grouping/magnets mystery. =) I have a few goodies for you too. They aren't perfect, but you may like them. You can see a sneak peek in my articles area on Renderosity. Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong with the groups? I'll try to mess around with them again tonight and see if I make your groups and magnets work. Thanks for writing. =) bB

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2002 at 9:27 PM

If I understand the question, there's a checkbox on the properties of the magnet zone object. Check it to have the magnet affect a group and select the group you want from the dropdown box next to it. The teeth, ect. are materials, not the type of object groups you create with the grouping tool. Hopefully this is correct, I'm no magnet expert.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 12:33 AM

Thanks for the help! I'll give it a try. =) bB

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.