Fri, Sep 20, 7:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Well, something new is up at CL .....

Jcleaver ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:15 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:45 AM

the dragon armor CR2s are now posted. But alas, no patch yet. (ducking)

Kagato98 ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:32 PM

file_25584.jpg

I also ran into something new at CL - it was very strange. I looked in the Poser 5 download section, and found a link called 'Test' . I figured they might be testing a link out to the new patch, so I tried downloading it - it told me that this was a 'registered members' only file, and told me to enter my key. After entering my key, it downloaded a small picture....Anyone know what/where this is ;) ?

Vitzer ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:34 PM

Laguna Seca. World famous race track, hosted the American LeMans Race a few weeks ago. That litttle jog to the right, at about 3:00 is the "corkscrew" one of racing's most famous turns.

Kagato98 ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:38 PM

Ahhh....Interesting....Sooo. I wonder what it was doing up at CL :) ? Sounds like someone is being bad.

BonzaiGopher ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:43 PM

Hiya, Which key did you have to enter? The one you get after registering? I hope that's not what I need to do to get the patch when it's ready - I haven't been able to run P5 to the point that I can GET a key!!!!! When I posted my problem to CL via the website, all I got back was a copy of my original post to them - not the best customer service method I've ever seen... no awknowledgement, nothing. Keeping my fingers crossed... Bonzai Gopher

Kagato98 ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:50 PM

I entered the key that came in my P5 CD case - since I already registered, it read me as a registered member I guess.

ronmolina ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:51 PM

Yeah its an aerial photo. Being a smart ass. Ron

krazik ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:52 PM

Hey guys, Sorry you just stumbled on something I was testing out. It wasn't meant to be on the live site. -Rylan IT Manager - Curious Labs

Kagato98 ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 8:00 PM

Ahhh...I see. Thanks for the explanation krazik :)

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 8:05 PM

so krazik, where is the update? Marque

Jcleaver ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 8:16 PM

See Kupa's answer above.

mrp2284 ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 9:11 PM

Oh rats! And here I thought CL was going to go public with their secret testing facility deep in the Nevada desert.

jerr3d ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 9:24 PM

Hummmm.... the Leguna Seca track is one of the tougher courses in the Playstation 2's Gran Turismo 3 racing Simulator! Maybe they are studying the ahem "INFAMOUS corkscrew turn" from all angles!

krazik ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 9:27 PM

The choice of Laguna Seca image was just something I picked off my HD. I'm an avid track junky and have driven all the tracks in CA, including Laguna. There's nothing like your first trip down the corkscrew & rainey curve your first time at speed. :D

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 11:10 PM

Did you say Legume Seka track? I though she stopped doing those movies back in the 70s?

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

praxis22 ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 1:56 AM

Kibo :)

raz ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 6:57 PM

OK PEOPLE HERES THE DEAL! with all CL's ELUA involved with P5, (I dont have it yet, but plan to buy it in November)when you d/l the "test" file, the arial photo is of your house, and wherever area your keycode came from. maybe this will prevent more hackers from stealing from people! :) lol!

kupa ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 7:14 PM

Legume, you've got a big mouth, and a right purty one too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.