Fri, Sep 20, 9:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: VUE D'ESPRIT OCTOBER CONTEST IS OPEN

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 2:28 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:44 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/contest.ez?contest_id=116

Great prices to win. Please read carefully the rules, they have changed and are not the same as from the September contest.

A difficult contest, but I hope you will have fun. This one is ONLY for Vue d'Esprit users.

:-)Guitta
guittalogo.GIF

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 2:40 PM

Hey looky.....I am so excited, look our logo, hey looks nice there....LOL, sorry just a little gitty.....looks so cute. Sharen LOL :-)

NightVoice ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:02 PM

Hi. The urls on the top of this page are two different ones and one does not work. Also, the files will not download either. Says there is nothing there. :)

DarkSkills ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:03 PM

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but I get the "404-file not found error" when I try to download the basic scene.

Stay Focused.

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:04 PM

I will have a look. I have downloaded it without problem. Just wait a few minutes...

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:05 PM

Now, try again please:-)

NightVoice ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:08 PM

Still no go for me. Plus it looks like both versions have the same file name. :)

NightVoice ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:11 PM

A typo. I did a test and found it in VueContest2002 directory, you have VueContest2000. :)

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:16 PM

Thanks NightVoice. Ok, and now ? I don't understand why I got it, even with the wrong address??? Maybe because it is on my hard drive?

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:17 PM

I must say I was so busy with all these contest, had to write to the sponsors for voting, bring up the new page. I'm sorry and hope it works now.

NightVoice ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:26 PM

Yep, it looks great!

BIG TIP FOR EVERYBODY*
(you may want to include this on the rules so more will see it)

When you get the scene, LOCK THE LAYERS(make sure the camera is in a locked layer too!). You can still adjust the textures and such, but you can accidentally click and move objects in the windows (you can still select and movie them from the side panel) but atleast this will help cut down on accidents. :) To lock a layer click the little eyeball next to the layer name until it looks like a pad lock. :)

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:31 PM

Thanks NightVoice again:-). Yes, I will put it immediately. Guitta

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:34 PM

You cannot lock in Vue 2, take care not to move accidentally any thing. Save your scene always twice under different names to have an issue if necessary:-)

NightVoice ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:46 PM

My pleasure. Looking forward to this one! Should be fun. :)

YL ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:46 PM

What an original idea : I will carefully study the rules. Thanks to think about Vue 2-3 users, ;=) Yves P.S . : Sharen, your logo looks fine on this forum :=)

ArgentiumThri-ile ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 4:45 PM

I just want to wish good luck for all of you ! When some of you saw the original scene, I wanted advices 'cause I didn't know what to do with it. And just when I decided to give my file to the one who could want to build something with it, Guitta contacted me... and I'll be surely really pleased to see what you will build with it. :-) Thanks to you, Guitta ! Argentium Thri'ile

ArgentiumThri-ile ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 4:48 PM

"Don't try to submit images that shows rooms that look like murder investigation scenes.:-)" I just saw this sentence : LoL !!! Argentium Thri'ile

YL ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 4:57 PM

In fact two , very simple : - can we add a floor to the scene (there is a ground, not a floor, the difference is the ground should be seen through the window). Meaning of the question is : a floor could be considered as an object (like a square or a disk). I know it seems a dumb question -lol - can we add a roof (yes it's very similar to the previous -lol). But in the case of the scene, the roof, not seen by the wamera, will change the lighting distribution (outdoor/indoor) Sorry to ask these basics questions, ;=) Yves

YL ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 5:06 PM

OOOps I just discovered a soil... but it seems not to have a roof to the building ;=)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 5:43 PM

This is going to be so cool.....what a great idea...Sharen

audity ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:03 PM

Thanks Guitta for this new contest... it's a very interesting challenge. Thanks also to Bop (I'll never get used to your new nickname ! LOL !) for the template scene.

It's sad that I'm not allowed to participate to it. Well I do it for fun then (I'll be free to do a bloody murder scene...).

:) Eric

sittingblue ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 10:23 PM

Gebe,
Can you provide a link to the Vue d'Esprit September 2002 contest? Perhaps, the link should be in the forum header.

Charles :)

Charles

Myske ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 1:25 AM

What a great Idea ! hope everything is running again before end of Octobre.. Time enough to read the rules :) Regards. Maria

Alekssander ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 1:30 AM

It's a realy nice room, but the camera is to low. Can't fit all my objects in to the room then ;.(

YL ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 5:35 AM

In the Vue 2 file, I think there is a problem with the soil (placed at a too low level). When we change the material, it has no effect (I think it's due to a boolean operation concerning the wall of the building). i don't know if the problem exists in Vue4 file. ;=) Yves

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 11:10 AM

Just add a new soil, Yves, as you can add every thing you want. The scene were created in Vue 2. Alekssander, for others the cam may be too high. It's not easy to make happy everybody. :-)Guitta

kruzr ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 11:53 AM

Good Morning Guitta . . . 8^) I just downloaded the "October's Vue Challenge" file, to see what I had to start with. It will probably be a great project, or challenge for most of you users, but I don't think I'll be able to do anything with this file. It doesn't have a lot of polygons, but there are over 700 objects, & my poor'ol "PIII 500 Windows98 SE" system just won't handle that many objects very easy. I tried to render the scene, with just the downloaded file, plus I added ONE light, to see something, & it took over a half an hour for a little 640 by 480 render, with the one light added. If it takes this long to render at this small size, without adding any more objects, then I can just imaging how long it would take to do a render, each time I would add another object & or light, so I could see how it's going to look. Plus, I can't really tie-up my system all day, waiting to render each new view, for each new object placed in the scene, due to the fact that I only have one system, & I use it off & on all day for other graphics. Anyway, GOOD LUCK to all those who have a system which can handle this challenge, but I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this one. Some day when I build another, MORE POWERFUL system, I'll be able to handle a project or challenge like this one. Thanks for the challenge offer & starting scene, & you all have a good one . . . Mark. ;^)

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 12:00 PM

Dear Mark, I'm sorry you have problems with it. All the objects are made from primitives in Vue and should not take so long to work with. What you can do is to hide all the objects except the base of the room to have an idea where things have to be. This will make your work much faster. You also can choose, when rendering just previews, to render only selected objects or layers. Makes render faster too. You also can download (this is an exception I can do for you) the Vue 2 file and work with this one. Normally this is not permitted, but I think we can make an exception for users with slow computers. It is not such a good design as the Vue 4 scene, but it can become nice if you are a good decorator:-) Guitta

YL ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 12:16 PM

The vue 2 file works fine with my PIII933MHz 256Mb . The scene took 23s to render in 640x480 and preview mode. Will take twice this time on your PC (46s) . In the best mode (user setting 25 subrays per pixel, best quality) it takes 15min on my PC (x2 for yours), without any object. So I think you can try it if you are allowed ;=) Yves

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.