Thu, Sep 19, 9:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Voting for monthly challenge

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 2:41 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 4:24 PM

I know I'm good at asking dumb questions, so here goes with another one, or two. Is there somewhere to view all the entries together ? and How do I vote for them ? Thanks for your continued indulgence. Catlin

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 3:20 AM

When the page is ready AgentSmith will announce it.

Colette1 ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 10:35 AM

That isn't a stupid question. All of the entries are grouped together in one place with insructions on how to vote. Just keep checking the forum. It will be announced.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 01 October 2002 at 11:04 PM

Coming up, I'm finishing it up tonight. Lol, I got distracted, rented the 2 1/2 hour "Brotherhood Of The Wolf".

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Colette1 ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 1:34 AM

Was it a good movie?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 2:03 AM

I am a movie Fanatic! So I will like films other people don't but, with that being said... It's a french movie, but thank God for dvd's and an english dub audio track. It's long, 2hr. 24min. but yes, I would call it quite good. It takes place like a couple hundred years ago in france, some mysterious beast is killing people in the french countryside, & the king sends two of his best to cure the situation. It's not a horror movie, really. It's more than that. Visually it is just freaking great! Wish I could render scenes that would look like that movie!! Dark, brooding, visual, great action, great costumes. And...based on a true recorded historical event. AS

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 3:45 AM

Have you seen Reign of Fire? Is it good?

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 4:05 AM

(grumble) no... I heard it was a "just okay" story and fantastic dragons.

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 4:11 AM

Well, it wouldn't be the first time I have a movie in my collection for special effects...Does anybody like offbeat weird movies?

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 4:23 AM

hehe...you ever see tank girl?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 4:48 AM

Tank Girl is a bit of a guilty pleasure. :oD Blade Runner, Dark City, The Crow, Blade 1&2, In The Company Of Wolves, Alien 1,2,4, Tim Burton stuff, Fight Club, Highlander, any Luc Besson movie, Hudsucker Proxy, Memento, Se7en, Strange Days, any (good) superhero movie, M. Knight movies, Mystery Men, Usual Suspects, almost anything 3D, Way Of The Gun, John Carpenter movies, Orlando, City Of Lost Children, True Romance, Pulp Fiction, Amelie, Cemetary Man, anything James Cameron, various Indie films. Oh, it goes on.....and on.... AgentSmith

Archimagus ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 5:11 AM

I have seen Reign of Fire. . . I though it was great. But then again I like a lot of movies that most people dont. I am a sucker for anything dragons and fantacy. If nothing else just the concept was way cool to me.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 5:25 AM

Hey, I sat through "Dungeons and Dragons" just to see the cgi dragons...

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 5:41 AM

I watched "Blade 2" last night and sat with my mouth hanging open at some of the special effects. I particulary liked the scene where one of the bad guys got sliced from groin to skull and fell apart. Awesome.

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 6:04 AM

Tankgirl, one of my alais's and favorite flicks, here's a line up for weird veiwing "Shakes the Clown" and "Ed Wood", both offbeat (way off). I'm an Action fan too, just bought, two favorites "Judge Dredd" and "Demolition Man". Speaking of FX, "Twister" and "Dante's Peak" had some nice effects...

Colette1 ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 10:34 AM

LOL, boy did this discussion get way off track from original question....

lsstrout ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 4:01 PM

I love old SF movies just to see how they managed special effects without computers. Go see War of the Worlds, The Day the Earth Stood Still or the Sinbad movies to see what could be done. More recently I'm starting to appreciate some of the horror movies too. Blame the Evil Dead trilogy. Lin

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 10:04 PM

Quote: ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Blade Runner, Dark City, The Crow, Blade 1&2, In The Company Of Wolves, Alien 1,2,4, Tim Burton stuff, Fight Club, Highlander, any Luc Besson movie, Hudsucker Proxy, Memento, Se7en, Strange Days, any (good) superhero movie, M. Knight movies, Mystery Men, Usual Suspects, almost anything 3D, Way Of The Gun, John Carpenter movies, Orlando, City Of Lost Children, True Romance, Pulp Fiction, Amelie, Cemetary Man, anything James Cameron, various Indie films. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hehe...quite a list you got there. You ever see the movie "Infinity's child"? It was made entirly with BRYCE!!!!! But remember it's kinda old so not all that impressive to us folks.

tjohn ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 10:21 PM

Don't forget about "Planetary Traveler", the first movie made with Bryce. "Infinity's Child" was a sequel to it. Also, "A Boy and His Dog" gets my vote for weird SF movie. This was written by Harlan Ellison and starred a very young Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith (it's much better than it might sound, really). The real star is a dog which is telepathic and smarter than Johnson's character (but they are best buddies).

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 11:06 PM

Gotta say "Adventures in the Forbidden Zone" and "City of lost Children" are my favorite B movie scifis. And then there's "Terminal Man", "Ice Pirates", actually I have most the really strange (and poorly produced) scifis. Changing my vhs over to DVD not many of them can be found...Have you ever watched a scifi that's so bad you just need to see the ending to see if it gets any better...? :> This is off the thread isn't it?

Colette1 ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 2:02 PM

I think my most fav movies of all times are the Omega man and Soylent Green. Though the list is much too long to get into here:)

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 12:16 AM

Oh yes, totally forgot those! Of the two "Omega Man" was my favorite "Soylent Green" next. And, lets not forget the originl "Planet of the Apes" movies, I liked the remake too for the effects...

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 12:18 AM

Shouldn't we call this the Movie Thread...

Archimagus ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 5:01 AM

Here is one. . . Lawnmoer Man. That movie was crazy, but I like it. The second one sucked though.

Colette1 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 9:57 AM

Talking about these movies I had to go and rent Soylent Green, and then we were channel surfing later inthe evening and found Omega man on TV! I thought the kids would be bored byt hem and i was right as far as my girls were cncerned..LOL But my son Franky loved them..! and yes we should call this the Movie Thread..:) I am going to get the original planet of the apes and the new one and check them out back to back. I love that movie too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.