Mon, Oct 21, 11:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: My first real model

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 9:01 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:20 PM

file_26109.jpg

Since most folk in here seem to do a lot of model making, and since I have been rather slow in that department, I finally made a model that I think is OK. I would like to share but don't know how, any comments on my teddy bear, or how to get the Bryce preset uploaded somewhere would be most gratefully received. thanks a bundle. Catlin

cybrbeast ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 10:28 AM

Nice teddy bear, but I think it needs a bigger head :)

big_hoovie ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 11:41 AM

IMO, the head is a bit too small, and the eyes are kinda creepy, but I'm not quite sure what could be done about them. question: did you use metaballs to make this? hth, big_hoovie

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 1:59 PM

hoovie, yes it was made mostly in metaballs, apart from the nose and the eyes. I've seen a lot of posts with spectacular images made with metaballs and since folk have recomended there use I thought I'd try. Making the head bigger should be no problem, but what I can do with the eyes will take a bit of thinking about. When I've resolved these issues I'll post the new image and see what you think. Thanks for the input. Catlin

electroglyph ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 2:50 PM

Go to Yahoo and click on Geocities. You can get a webpage to post your creation there. Click on the free website. Don't get sidetracked into buying premium service. If you get really popular you can always upgrade later. They have a webpage based file upload that works fairly well and decent tutorials. Remember to write dow your password and the path to your webpage so you can find it and get back in later. The page you make will have a popup ad on it. This doesn't show up if you link the file to download in renderosity's free stuff. You need to make an image of the bear to put in your website as a thumbnail for the renderosity freestuff page. The file and the image are linked from renderosity. They don't store either on their own server.

lsstrout ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 3:44 PM

Excellent bear, Catlin. I used to have one about that color. :) Suggestion for the eyes, make the iris/pupil area a little bigger and make them not pop so far out from the head. You might also put a ring of dark colored fabric around them. I think on real toy bears this is done to reinforce the eyes, but it also makes a nice transition from the plastic eyeball to the fur. Lin

lsstrout ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 3:46 PM

Excellent bear, Catlin. I used to have one about that color. :) Suggestion for the eyes, make the iris/pupil area a little bigger and make them not pop so far out from the head. You might also put a ring of dark colored fabric around them. I think on real toy bears this is done to reinforce the eyes, but it also makes a nice transition from the plastic eyeball to the fur. Lin

lsstrout ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 3:47 PM

Sorry for the double post!

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 4:05 PM

Nice little bear.

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 3:20 AM

It's a bear!! (bikermice love bears.!! I like the eyes - they kind of stick out a bit gives him a sort of a neat look. - TJ

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 8:35 AM

Thanks -tj the bear is a toy after all, he's not supposed to look normal.........whatever normal is.

ttops ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 1:00 PM

Realy neat for your first model, looks great. I also had a teddy just like that, years and years and years ago...

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 3:03 PM

Looks cool. Looks kinda fuzzy, what texture did you use? Keep the pop eye look, just give him an axe and set him loose for Halloween.

Poppi ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 1:23 PM

is he poseable? cute, little guy ;*)

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 1:57 PM

Sevenofeleven - The textures are basic Bryce with a little tampering done in the editor. Poppi - he is poseable, he wouldn't be a proper soft toy if he wasn't.

Poppi ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 4:16 PM

hats off to you for figuring out posing so fast. way to go.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.