Tue, Oct 22, 1:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Just in time for Challenge voting - Another Server install (09-03-02)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 1:53 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:24 PM

Server Maintenance Thursday Morning (5-8 AM CST) We will be installing a new database server early tomorrow morning. The site will be unavailable from 5-8 AM CST. Thank you for your patience during this upgrade. The new server will greatly increase the speed and traffic capacity of the site. So...if you have problems with Challenge voting, try back. Voting will be going on until the 6th. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 10:27 AM

Thank goodness it was nothing serious :) BTW it was mid afternoon in Europe, and I was so upset when I couldn't get my first renderosity hit of the day. (my first visit of the day to Renderosity is like that first cup of coffee in the morning) Catlin

Colette1 ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 10:41 AM

I know what you mean Catlin, when I click on the link to go to R, it is like " oh no!" if it isn't working..LOL Is that addiction or what??

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 11:04 AM

Check the date (grin)

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 12:45 PM

This is definately addiction: you don't have to inject it you don't have to drink it you dont have to eat it but, if you don't get it................. aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg...........the pain Catlin

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 1:39 AM

Agent Smith, Glad I saw this post. I would have worried. Thanks, TJ

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 5:34 AM

The site seems much faster now. I don't know if it's the cleanly installed Windows 98 on my computer or the new server, but I hope it's the new server that did it.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 9:03 AM

oh, it's much faster, still a little bumpy with vanishing comments or pics, but faster.

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 10:26 PM

Zoooom. . . . Zooom . . . Zooom!!! Hey where's the brake pedal on this thing? Agent Smith, Much faster loading. Tell them they did a great job. (BTW I just swa the matrix on tv. is that where your username comes from? meybe we should do a thread on that if it gets slow around here.) - TJ

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 10:27 PM

usernames that is.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 2:30 AM

Yeah, that's where I got it. Love that movie, found out Agent Smith will be in the sequel. Hey, he is just a glorified file in a computer...copy/paste, copy/paste...

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 2:55 AM

Agent Smith, Yeah, but hes a binary executable all of his own, not just another text file. Wow I might go see The sequel. I wouldn't be suprised to find out that Zion is another kind of matrix, but that sounds kind of contradictory, thinking about it. Those that claimed to have been born there don't have those tube 'attachments' - but then again password codes for Zion? - TJ

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 5:59 AM

ahhh...you caugh that, huh? How does that song go? "down the stream...life is but a dream..."

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 6:18 AM

Agent Smith, As not letting the password codes get into hands of the matrix seemed an important part of the movie, I think we may be looking at another matrix in Zion, but at this point I think we're meant to be confused. Also that bit about it being in the center of the Earth seems really wrong - I'm pretty sure the Earth isn't hollow. It could be a glitch in the plot, but I think we're being lead somewhere - and I'm sure that a sequel was on the creator of the movie's mind from the word go. "Worlds within worlds" or matrices within matrices ? In my defense of this idea they do mention a first matrix that didn't work out. Zion? BTW: When is "The Matrix II" supposed to come out? - TJ

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 6:59 AM

Matrix 2 and 3 are supposed to be out in 2003. (don't know exactly when, check thematrix.com) The Matrix is my favourite movie. The codes where for the Zoin mainframe. It's probably the central computer wich makes the city survive near the (very hot) earth core. If the agents can hack the mainframe they can for instance shut down the environmental control system in Zion, wich could mean the death of the people living there. Just a thought.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rayraz ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 7:05 AM

I tried to find the matrix 2 once, I figured that a good film like the Matrix would have a second film following, but the matrux 2 was not finished then. And now my hope has been restored. The Matrix 2 and 3 are THE films of 2003 in my opinion. I usually don't buy to many films, but these matrix movies will form an exception. Long live the trilogies! :P

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 7:13 AM

Rayraz, Definate possability. After all, Zion remains a mysterious place - right now we can only guess as to it's substance and power requirements. thanks for the heads up on release dates, - TJ

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 7:26 AM

Could Zion be similar to Pellucidar? The world within this world? Can't wait to see Matrix 2, was fascinated with the first movie...Agent Smith, I knew it was you..=>

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 7:36 AM

Zhann, I never read the Pellucidar series - I was too busy with the John Carter on Mars series - (That Dejaa Thoris - what a woman), but I was thinking the same thing. Not knowing enough about it I dare not make the comparison myself. - TJ

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 3:55 PM

Doubt if it is a glitch in the plot, the directors are obssesive with story.

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 1:23 AM

I loved the John Carter of Mars series, really great character depth, I have all the books in hardback, never get tired of reading them...They actually spark ideas for paintings. I also like Authur Coyle Doyle's "Lost World".

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.