Wed, Oct 9, 10:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 8:07 am)

Subject: Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!On the new patch!!!!!!!!!!!!PLS CL READ THIS!

graphicnovel ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 6:36 PM ยท edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 8:29 AM

Hy ya all.... I just tried to install the patch and it doesn't install.... !!!!!!!!!!!! I opened only once, download the patch and now it doesn't work... What's wrong with that? Can anyone lend a hand? How about you people at CL? thanks vince

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 6:41 PM

What erros do you get? SR1 or SR1b?

wgreenlee1 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 6:53 PM

file_26292.jpg

Try downloading the patch again and try to find mirrors for the main site.

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 7:02 PM

Well, other than "it's not working", I have no idea what's wrong or what type of system you have, etc. Not enough information to go on. Please visit our Web page and click the SUPPORT link to complete a tech support form in as much detail as possible. This will help us get to the root of your problem. Anthony Hernandez Curious Labs

nickedshield ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 7:47 PM

Vince, An excerpt from Sahra: Turn off all anti virus, firewalls anything else that might be running in the background. Then do a re-install. Don't open Poser, let it re-boot then install the patch. I did that and the full installer went without a hitch. Mr. Hernandez, you might consider putting a little reminder to turn off firewalls and AV software somewhere on site. Nickedshield

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

graphicnovel ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 8:23 PM

Sorry about that guys, i should explain what was going on in a precise maner. So here it goes.... I installed poser5, and then went for the patch, I had run it once and rebooted. The patch started to install then when it got to the poser.exe it wouldn't install, that's it, the message is that, it only said can not complet upgrade, then it said, upgrad failed and it wouldn't go on.... now I just did what nicke said and it did install the aplication patch, I'm about to install the figures and let's see it it goes.... And yes now both work, but I would agree with nicke on that.... I don't really know what happened, I do know that the files were not corrupted.... Anyways thank you a lot for your answers so fast.... They made my day.... yours vince

nickedshield ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 8:31 PM

Vince, glad to be of help, just passing on what I read earlier. Nick

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

soccer coach ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 10:35 PM

Here is my experience:
Downloaded full update package.
While installing I recieved a check sum error on one of
the files. I aborted the install. Poser5 would not run
after that.

Uninstalled poser5. Reinstalled Poser5. Downloaded the
separate content and program zips. Installed these files.
Now I get this while running: Caught C exception access_violation trapped at 1b:af27c4. Crash.

Man, is this fun.

c1rcle ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 4:42 AM

If it helps what I did was download the 2 seperate files, installed the figures first, rebooted then installed the program patch, rebooted again & everything was fine.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.