Fri, Oct 4, 10:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: stuck in rendermodus

cloudclimber ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 3:49 AM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 10:21 PM

hi there i'm about to lose 3day's of poser work, if not somebody can help me: i wanted to render a picture from an animation. during that rendersession, the program and windows nt announced that there is not enough ram (which is not true anyway; i had only nt-explorer and ie5-browser open, and have 128 mg ram) and that i should save and close the program. i did, and when i restarted everything, the program was stuck in the rendermodus. that means, it always starts to render the first picture, and when i let it finish and want to give a new order to do something; it restarts rendering the same first picture again, and again, and so on. has anyone had that problem before, and is there a solution to it? any help is apreciated. thanx a lot !

JeffH ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 4:33 AM

I'm not sure what you're getting at. If you start an animation rendering you have to wait until the whole thing is finished before you try to do anything else. Poser can only do one thing at a time. -JH.

cloudclimber ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 5:25 AM

i was just rendering the last picture and not a whole movie (250 of 250 , the whole animation takes 23 mg, which are still there) when this message came, but i'm not able to give a new order now; it just starts to render that first-picture (not the last anymore) over and over, after each command. i think i let it render to the end, because i don't have a counter which counts the picture already rendered. :)

cloudclimber ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 5:27 AM

ah, and the task manager sometimes gives the state:poser 4 not responding, after it has rendered that first picture :)

true.northstar ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 2:44 PM

First off, you took the right route in using Win NT. Far less crashes :) I don't know, guys. I often have -5- IEs open, plus Bryce and Poser, and sometimes other stuff besides, on 128MB of ram, and I've never run out of memory. So...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.